Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2015, 01:32 AM   #19
BobTheYaris

Drives: '08 Yaris HB 2 dr
I looked for it the day I got my car, because it was used and you never know. Was surprised after looking in manual but I like it. Its unused space and leaves space in trunk for a duffel bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BobTheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #20
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Interesting...I seem to have 2 jacks.

One below the driver seat, and one in the trunk behind the spare tire cover...
Old 05-12-2015, 09:14 AM   #21
TYTYaris

Drives: Yaris
found it while searching for my phone :)
TYTYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #22
Thebigwicks

Drives: 2008 lowered yaris on 17's
Still don't understand how people can't find it. The first thing I did when I got my car was to look through every nook and cranny of the car and make sure I had everything I needed and made sure to familiarize myself with the car. I even had a Toyota ice scraper in the lift. Go figure.
Thebigwicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #23
BCostaRica
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris
Rental Car in Costa Rica

Well, if you live in the US and speak English, you should be OK.
How about going to Costa Rica, getting a flat tire in one of these cars, rented the car for the week, and the manual is in Spanish. Oh yes, don't speak Spanish, I am a tourist.
So on Christmas eve we are traveling to our hotel, took a wrong turn, and the GPS took us up a dirt road which I should never have been on in the first place, thought it would change to a paved road, nope, 100% wrong. So half way us we pull over and someone drives by and tells us we have a flat tire. Yep, we sure do. Get out, unload the trunk of luggage, pull out the new spare, no Jack. So we figure since its a rental someone before us ripped the jack from the car.
A wonderful couple pulls up, has a canister of air and blows up the tire for us, and then again at the top of the hill before the paved road. There are some wonderful people left in this world.
We get to the hotel about 2 miles from the paved road, call Thrifty Rental and they tell me the jack is under the drivers seat. I ask them to send someone out to change the tire, they don't do that, its not the United States. So I take out the jack, and it was rather easy, but messy of course.
So if you are in a county that you speak the language OK, but if you have a rental car and the manual is in a foreign language you are SOL.
BCostaRica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #24
Toyotasrus
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.5 Hybrid 2016
The Jack is actually located underneath the passengers seat, slide the seat forward, press in the two plastic clips you see on a plastic trim, remove and there is your Jack!
Toyotasrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #25
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotasrus View Post
The Jack is actually located underneath the passengers seat, slide the seat forward, press in the two plastic clips you see on a plastic trim, remove and there is your Jack!
They must have moved it in the newer models because it's under the drivers seat in my '07.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #26
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
They must have moved it in the newer models because it's under the drivers seat in my '07.
Or Toyotasrus is posting from Dorset, which I believe is somewhere in Englishland, so the jack is still under the seat on the port side, i.e. left facing forward. So they didn't move the jack location in newer models, just re-defined which one is the driver's seat in his location ;)
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #27
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Or Toyotasrus is posting from Dorset, which I believe is somewhere in Englishland, so the jack is still under the seat on the port side, i.e. left facing forward. So they didn't move the jack location in newer models, just re-defined which one is the driver's seat in his location ;)
Ah, makes sense.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote