Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Yarrris-Wench
Keep To The Code

Drives: Red 2009 Toyo Yaris- Isabella
Send a message via AIM to Yarrris-Wench
Does anyone know what wire harness is in the 09?

I'm not a know it all when it comes to this stuff. In fact, thats why i love my boyfriend, he does know this stuff haha. But, we need some help in this situation. here it is.

I have a base model 2009 yaris. No power locks, windows, seats, cruise.. nothing. I was wondering how much work it would take to convert it to power locks (windows i don't care much about unless they go hand in hand) and I was informed by my know it all, that we need to figure out if they used the same wire harness as the yarii that had the power locks, windows, etc. If its the same it wont be that hard, if its not the same we'd have to get a different harness?? (i think) so, the question remains does anyone know if its the same harness & if so anywhere we can find that will help us convert?

Thanks so much! I hope this is in the right place & i definitely hope someone can help!
Tail Lights, HIDs, Tint, Rear Speaker Box & Amp(Boom Boom :P)

Yarrris-Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
USDM Yarii typically have the full harness that includes connectors for options even if you don't purchase that option. PM CTScott as he is the God of All Things Electrical when it comes to the Yaris.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
ANY aftermarket alarm place could add power locks onto your car as we do it here.im not sure of what you have model wise but for lets say a sedan we just order power door lock cables for the rear doors and and our installer takes it from their with either an AUTOMATE AM2 or AM6 depending on needs.