Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2019, 10:40 PM   #1
SteveKran

Drives: 2012 Yaris
Exclamation 2012 - Issues adding OEM Bluetooth Stereo AND steering wheel controls to base model

I typically drive my Ford Edge with the bluetooth Sync system. I use it for the bluetooth audio and hands free calling. I decided I would drive my Yaris more if it also had bluetooth audio and hands-free calling.

I have a 2012 Yaris L 3 door (hatchback). It's base model. Electric locks, manual windows, no factory keyfob. I've already installed cruise control on it.

I bought and installed this factory Toyota bluetooth radio: PT546-52121

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-14-To...72.m2749.l2649

When I tried to pair the phone to the stereo, the bluetooth option is not showing in the options menu. I don't currently have a microphone plugged in (it's on order and hasn't arrived yet).

I also bought a steering wheel from a 2012 European Yaris that has the integrated controls (volume/answer/etc...). I'm holding off on buying the airbag until I get the controls actually working.

Does anyone know if the 2012 wire harness had all these options already built in where they're just plug and play? Similar to how the cruise was?

Does anyone have the pinout/layout of the wire harnesses that are behind the steering wheel for the audio controls and also for the radio?

I'm not sure if I need to purchase a cable to connect the microphone to the back of the "new" radio, or if there's a wire already there I can just plug and play.

Thanks for the assistance!
SteveKran is offline   Reply With Quote