Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #19
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
been daily driving my bmw i3 for 4 years now but wont give my worthless opinion

people have to learn for themselves

justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #20
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
we dont even sell renault here thats how boring america is. and GM just imports opel, as some kinda sick joke on gemstones i think.

but mad tho
Not so much boring, the French manufacturers tried the North American market and got slaughtered wholesale - same as the early German brands, everything rotted out and fell apart. Germans changed their body panels and made a stake in the market, but Citroen and Renault just pulled out entirely. May be a different game now - can't say I know much about the European brands other than the German ones we find here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
been daily driving my bmw i3 for 4 years now but wont give my worthless opinion
people have to learn for themselves
I'd be curious how you found the changeover; any change takes a commitment and period of getting used to as it becomes routine - I don't know how many people I hear complain about composting, but where we lived near before the compost program was picked up weekly, and just required moving your hand to a green bin instead of a black bin, was really 0% more work; even now, I'm actually more frustrated the opposite way during winter because our garbage output goes way up and stinks way worse having food in it. lol

I do suspect that you are in a major urban area, use the electric only in the city, and have both a charge station at home and available charging stations in your area; either at work or locally.. In the middle of no-where rural county, it's more difficult to transition - I know people who have hybrids and pure electrics, and they have a make a very concerted effort to use them in our area - and some also have stories of times when a gas can or CAA (AAA) call would work just fine for a regular ICE vehicle.. lol

-- Adam
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote