Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_echo View Post
it is my OPINION that the recall should not even exist at all... i am in the toyota t ten service training program and we are keeping ourselves up to date on this... the problem is that with the affected models, there is no hook for positive retention of the floormats, and most of the american idiots prefer to stack another mat on top, to "protect" the factory floormat from getting dirty... when you stack the extra floormats, they can slide up under the pedals and get stuck...
I thought the new recall that just came out had nothing to do with the floor mat or the actual gas pedal itself? The gas pedal is actually not getting stuck, it's the ECU not responding when the operator releases pressure on the pedal.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Kongo-Otto

Drives: '09 Yaris & '10 Auris
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
I thought the new recall that just came out had nothing to do with the floor mat or the actual gas pedal itself? The gas pedal is actually not getting stuck, it's the ECU not responding when the operator releases pressure on the pedal.

As far as i know the recall consists of several procedures, depending on the model: Shorter gas pedals, ecu change (if your gas pedal is stuck and you hit the brakes, the gas pedal will be cut off electronically) and of course improvements to the floor mats.
Kongo-Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Cutie Pie #2

Drives: 2014 Honda CR-V LX
Toyota just suspensed all sales/production for the cars in the pedal recall until they know what's causing it. Just was on Nightly News. At least we'll be ok.
Cutie Pie #2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie Pie #2 View Post
Toyota just suspensed all sales/production for the cars in the pedal recall until they know what's causing it. Just was on Nightly News. At least we'll be ok.
That's bad, real bad!
Hope we don't end up being the next Audi 5000.
First a family dies due to a sliding floormat, now potential sticking pedal for more runaway cars.....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
x2. new recall isnt floor mats, its a gas pedal/ecu problem. Go go Toyota!