Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Habanero peppers=Holy shit! HELP!

Oh my god. I have never worked iwth Habanero peppers until today. I went to publix and it had a 10 for spicy so i said, yea sure, i'll try it. So anyway I got 2 and cut them like 2 1/2 hours ago. I ate a peice of bread and my lips started burning. I realized it was too hot and pulled them out of my vegtables with some chopsticks. But it was too late--my fingers are all burned now, and the damn juice wont come off, washed them like 10 times and with ooops twice. anybody know anything to help!?

LESSON: dont dig into habanero peppers, or even hold them when you are cutting them, with yoru bare hands.
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:43 PM   #2
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Old 04-24-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama View Post
wtf lol
Old 04-25-2007, 12:31 AM   #4
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
lmao!!!!

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #5
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris View Post
Oh my god. I have never worked iwth Habanero peppers until today. I went to publix and it had a 10 for spicy so i said, yea sure, i'll try it. So anyway I got 2 and cut them like 2 1/2 hours ago. I ate a peice of bread and my lips started burning. I realized it was too hot and pulled them out of my vegtables with some chopsticks. But it was too late--my fingers are all burned now, and the damn juice wont come off, washed them like 10 times and with ooops twice. anybody know anything to help!?

LESSON: dont dig into habanero peppers, or even hold them when you are cutting them, with yoru bare hands.
hahaha, DAMN! your idea to eat a piece of bread was good. contary to popular belief drinking ANYTHING (water, milk, soda, juice, etc...) after eating spicy food will only cause the burn to worsen. the spiciness comes from the oils, and as we know, oil and water dont mix very well, so NO drink will ever dilute the spiciness. in fact, liquids will only cause the spicy oil particles to travel into other regions of your mouth, intensifying the burn. eating a piece of bread is the best method, since it will SOAK up the oils. unfortunately, i have NO idea how to get rid of the spiciness on your HANDS! i assume a good mechanics' soap, like lava will work, since if it can cut through engine grease, it should get rid of some of the habanero juice...good luck!!

--B
Old 04-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama View Post
lol...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
hot p#$$y
Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 AM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I've been a cook for years and we experiment constantly with insane amounts of heat, and once I had the pleasure of biting into a raw habanero. It felt like someone was standing 10 feet away blasting me in the face with a propane torch. No amount of bread is any match for that. Just crawl in a ball and suffer.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #9
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I used to work at a restaurant for a while…

One time while I was cooking the ingredients called for a Hopanero… I never heard of it before, I was 17.

My buddy told me it was like a Red Pepper, I’m a Diego, so I ate it whole!

With in seconds I was on the ground sweating my balls off with my buddy laughing at me, and my boss pouring a gallon of milk in my mouth!

Now I can’t even FUCKING eat Buffalo wings!

Yeah fuck those things!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:31 AM   #10
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
lol...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:57 AM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
not sure what the big deal is about them, I can eat them raw, yeah they are spicy, but they ain't that bad
you ever had the Chi-Chien pepper, now these bitches are hot
Old 04-25-2007, 05:31 AM   #12
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Well, happened to cross this, funny thread... Yea, the allknowing Girlfriend tells me to post that: "/quote Girlfriend Habenaro are the second hottest pepper, once believed to be the hottest, now it is the Chinese Chili that, whatever that guy said above this, that is now the world's strongest /unquote"...

Whatever, I just stick with Hot Wings...dont care how they make it or with what peppers, as long as I get a celery stick and some blu cheese dressing!
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #13
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Me, a girl I was dating, her roommate, and one of her other friends went to a Mexican restaurant in Gatlinburg, TN. I'd never had a habanero, so I thought I'd try it (luv da spicy!). It came as a side "paste" with a burrito I ordered, and without thinking, I smeared the whole thing on the burrito. Damn near ruined it... once the juice was on it, there was no scraping it back off.

The funniest part though was when the girl went to the restroom, her friend got some of the juice and smeared it on her straw. Now THAT was funny!

~YR
Old 04-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #14
daq421
MPG is the new cool

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan (silver) Auto
Send a message via AIM to daq421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post
Me, a girl I was dating, her roommate, and one of her other friends went to a Mexican restaurant in Gatlinburg, TN. I'd never had a habanero, so I thought I'd try it (luv da spicy!). It came as a side "paste" with a burrito I ordered, and without thinking, I smeared the whole thing on the burrito. Damn near ruined it... once the juice was on it, there was no scraping it back off.

The funniest part though was when the girl went to the restroom, her friend got some of the juice and smeared it on her straw. Now THAT was funny!

~YR
Thats some f'd up stuff right there...
-Peter
Old 04-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #15
static808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge View Post

~YR
hahah, yeah, its totally funny as long as I'M not the ONE in the fetal position, crying and seating on the floor! i dont care if its the hottest or second hottest pepper. wonder how they measure that? the decibel level of people's screams??

--B
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #16
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
the scofield scale, measures the concentration of caipsicin (the chemical responsible for the burning sensation)... goes up to a maximum of 16 million... look it up

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #17
static808

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
the scofield scale, measures the concentration of caipsicin (the chemical responsible for the burning sensation)... goes up to a maximum of 16 million... look it up
holy crap! i looked this stuff up and read that the juice of the hottest pepper burns your skin. ridiculous...

--B
Old 04-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #18
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
holy crap! i looked this stuff up and read that the juice of the hottest pepper burns your skin. ridiculous...

--B

YEA that was what my original post was about. I pulled those fucking seeds out by hand and scraped the veins with my thumb. Now I have those little white spots all over my hands, real tiny burn looking marks, and even though its been a full 24 hours and I have washed my hands like 30 times, used oooops twice and rubbing alcohol they are still burning. lol whoever that guy was that said the he ate habanero peppers whole is full of shit, because its like fucking melting my hands.
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote