Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
Wink My baby is clean! Lots of photos beware ;)

Finally I get atleast one day here that is warm and not raining. So I cleaned my baby out and thought I would share. Oh and she has two boo boos that I need to find remedies for. And if the photos are too big I'm sorry, but for some reason photobucket won't let me upload them; scratch that the regular upload feature doesn't like Linux so I used the optional upload feature.
I only took these three before pics of the engine, too ashamed of how dirty the rest was.

Can anyone see whats missing in this photo

Yay afters engine bay first, and I'm no photographer so pointers(constructive) are appreciated. Yes I know they are not that good lol, and the plastic cover was dressed after these photos.

And here is the WTF how the hell did this happen pics...

Last edited by rstb88; 03-07-2009 at 06:34 PM.
rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
rstb88

Oh and the pics with the rusted hood prop, it occasionally fails and lets the hood fall on my head. So I need to get a strut to replace it, along with a battery tie down. Notice how the hole is warped, evidence of the slippage.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
enobmort42
First time DIYer

Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
Very nice! How did you clean your engine? I went to jumpstart someone and noticed that the dealership spilled antifreeze all over my engine. And I mean, everywhere! I assume just some water, degreaser, and a rinse would do the minimum, but what did you use to make is so shiny?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #4
rstb88

Ya I used about 1:5 ratio of degreaser water mix used an old microfiber mitt to lightly wash the upper most surfaces and rinsed. The used a towel to get any standing water or gathering water. I sprayed it down with CD2 Engine Detailer. I found it at autozone(its like gold gone as soon as they get it). Spray let sit(20min lid open and 20 riding went to Krispy Kreme) Then use towel to wipe away excess. Conditions all hoses as a plus.Oh, but I used a bit much and it got all over my windsheild; not hard to remove but still...