Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
I got a job!!!

I finally got a job, and it is for Toyota! I now sell Toyota's! How sweet is that? If anyone has any Q's about options, acessories, or anything like that, pm me and I will see what I can do. No promises and no discounts, but I will gladly be a good face for Toyota, to all of their loyal customers.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
congrats! pass YW cards to everyone looking at yarii :)

might help with them making decisions :) I know alot of people on the board have decided to buy one because of the info here :)
Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Good luck. I know it's a very hard market right now for car sales. Hopefully you'll do well!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
eric81

Yaris World CARDS?!? I don't have any... how do I get some? I mean, besides getting them made myself? Also, Toyota is the #1 selling car in USA right now, and have the smallest net loss of any company... AND they have over 50 billion dollars in cash and sellable items incase they do start to go down. Not like GM and other american makers who put it all in stocks and make believe bank accounts. Not that a Ford Mustang isn't a good car, it's just not fuel efficient or overly reliable.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Congrate's on your new job , enjoy it and the perks
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
ya bascially gotta make some. i have the file if you need it :)
Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #7
eric81

I sent Tiny Giant a pm... please read.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #8
1NZYaris1

Here's one example for you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bizcardfront.jpg (21.2 KB, 156 views)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I'm glad you found a job, especially during this recession, but guard your karma. Dishonesty, trickery and deceit are all things that weigh heavily on one's conscience but they are also the primary tools belonging to a car salesman.

Please read Confessions of a Car Salesman and decide right now where your boundaries are.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #10
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Just a warning selling cars is not all its cracked up to be. I used to be a car salesman. Hours are harsh working 10 hours a day and on weekends. And if your pay is based on commission so even if you sell a few cars some cars only are a 100 dollar comission. About 1/3 of car salesman pretty much end up getting minamum wage since its either comission or minumum wage whichever is better. Not minimum wage plus a comission bonus.

Especially now its really tough. You will notice many salesman come and go. Only advice i can give you is wear lots of sunscreen cause you will find out the hard way afte ra few days you should have.

Don't be shy stay up front and get ready to greet people. You have to be a little pushy but not too pushy. Most poeple wont give you the light of day. Don't really rely on other salesman to help you out cause to them you are just more competition.

And lastly try to sell used cars over new cars cause there is higher comission rate. You could potentially make about a grand on a used car but only 100 dollars selling a new car.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:34 AM   #11
1NZYaris1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
I'm glad you found a job, especially during this recession, but guard your karma. Dishonesty, trickery and deceit are all things that weigh heavily on one's conscience but they are also the primary tools belonging to a car salesman.

Please read Confessions of a Car Salesman and decide right now where your boundaries are.
Have you ever work as a car sales person
It is one of the most rewarding jobs , i have ever had ,
and i don't mean finacially
Old 06-26-2009, 02:58 AM   #12
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Gook luck.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 AM   #13
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
it also depends on how your dealership is run... i worked sales at a dealer in my area, but quit when they told me to lie to customers about problems that i found with the vehicle... found out just this last spring that over christmas, that dealer was closed that the owner was arrested for tax evasion, and the employees that were employed at the time did not receive any pay for the work that they did up until the end...

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Don't let the naysayers discourage you...it may be a challenging job, but with the right attitude you'll do fine!

All the best!
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
Congratz!

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #16
2009Toyotoad

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
While all the info about the business is great. Take the moment to pat yourself on the back. While they say 90% of us who want to work have jobs, there is still a struggling 10% who don't have jobs. Congrads! Work hard, learn what you can, and make the most out of the opportunity. Always, remember there are 10% of the "wanting to work" population who would be thrilled to be in your shoes. Good luck.
2009Toyotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
eric81

Thanks everyone... I haven't had a job for almost 3 months now because I got "let go" by DirecTV. I moved from Wa to Co, and they were supposed to be able to get me a vehicle, and it never happened. I made a move from one state to another, and then didn't have a job. And it turns out there is a 10% unemployment rate here in Co, so these past 3 months I have turned in almost 20 different applications, and have only had 4 interviews. OUCH! That's harsh for an ex-military member, especially with an amazing resume and history as mine. I was incredibly lucky to finally get a job, regardless of my resume and history, and am super thankful to work for a company that I actually do like. DirecTV is nice, but the company itself is deffinatley getting more money from each person than they are saying. Some people are paying over $100/ month for service, and don't have premium channels, just because their contracts are up. Toyota makes a profit off of their cars, obviously, but they make fuel efficient and affordable cars. And they last a long time. I believe if I give FACTS about the cars, I could get people to buy them. People who buy Toyota's or Honda's, go back to those dealerships because they like the product and want it again. The pay isn't going to rock at first, but it's better than siting around the house waiting for nothing, donating blood to eat, and watching the bank account and bills suffer. And the better I get, the more I can potentially make. I am excited about working there, and I believe I can be a face that people can trust. I have owned several other models of cars, and also have owned a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE (LOVED that mini-van), 2008 Scion xB (wifes car), and a 2008 Toyota Yaris LB (about to lose it due to being too far behind on payments because of being unemployed). My mother-in-law drives a 2006 Toyota Highlander, my sister-in-law drives a 2002 Toyota Sienna, and plenty of friends drive Camry's or Carolla's. Hopefully I last more than 2 or 3 months, and everything goes right for me.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
Sorry to thread-jack but I'm reading this 'confessions of a car salesman' and this just made me laugh...

Quote:
Then, at about number 73, was this loaded question: "I like guns: yes or no?" I wondered how they would react if I crossed out the word "like" and put in "love." Better yet, I considered inserting the word "automatic" in front of "guns.
S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote