Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #37
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
wow, all the troubles, sorry about that!

Quote:
No. That's the way this hood is designed. Nasty gap at the headlights. Flush in the middle.
It's not designed that way. Google "micro image vented hood yaris" and you'll see several other installs showing that it's flush all around. That one is seriously warped somehow.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #38
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I guess mine was the beta hood. HAHA..

Its probably a combination of alot of things actually. The bumper tabs that are suppose to connect to the headlights do not reach, so the bumper near the headlights doesn't match either. Alot of work needs to be done.

Also Garm, do you still have the JDM (shortened) bumper reinforcement bar in stock or at least can get them when prepaid?

To top off it all off. My Sparco seat finally caved in on me when I went to get in yesterday. The bottom of the seat fell thru, the support that holds the cusion in place. So I had to drive home with my ass almost on the the floor.

Got home and put my original seat back in.. makes my car feel like crap now. I never noticed how much I untilize the bucket seat until I got in my OEM seat. Using different muscles to keep me from sliding around. Weird.

So close to just turning this into my beater Daily Driver and revert everything back to stock.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #39
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Aw man. Dude that sucks, esp about the deer. Did it take out the headlight from when we swapped? I see you have stockers back on there.

Also, you're not going back to stock. You're better than that and you're like me. We can't leave shit alone. XD

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #40
ilikerice

LOL, thanks C.

Yea, Just the Passenger side headlamp got messed up. All the clips are broken and the housing that held the projecor broke so it rattles inside the headlamp.

You are right though. I can't go back to stock. lol.

On another note. For partial payment for rebuilding a miata motor for a friend, he got me an OEM hood off ebay. I put it on last week and it sits flush with the bumper and the headlamps. So the vented hood I got was not made to fit flush with a stock bumper. I will have pictures later today or this weekend.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #41
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
You are right though. I can't go back to stock. lol.
Such a relief to hear!

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #42
yarisgeo13
yarisgeo13

Drives: gloss black 5 door
Send a message via Yahoo to yarisgeo13
Nice pic's of what I've seen.
yarisgeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #43
Chuckie

Drives: 2011 Yaris Hatchback
Great pics. Nice drop/stance. Is that 1.75 drop? 16' rims. * im a decal person too if they are done and placed nicely..
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #44
Form>Function

He is on megan coilovers ^

Old 09-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #45
ilikerice

^what he said. But I run 15" wheels. My rota GT3 are Et 40 with a 225/45 Hankook R-S3 as my track/autocross tires.

The ones you see are the Konig Candy which have a ET 30. I run 195/55 on those and any cheap tire I can find with a high tread wear rating.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #46
ilikerice

So, I did a track event at Roebling Road Raceway last friday via Hooked on Driving. There were alot of cars out.

I was in a beginner class because the last time I did a track event was 2 years ago, But I got signed off for solo at the end of the day.

I went easy the first half of the day because my coach was stuck in the stock seat and was holding on to whatever he could get his hands on. He was really impressed on how the car handles. With a track that has 9 turns and 2 straights , well the straight between 8 & 9 isn't that long, I was able to keep up with the corvette's and Ferrari's.

There was a McLaren in the beginner class also. I was able to keep up with him in the turns also but that last straight he was already braking by the time I got to the staring line. I would catch him at turn 5 and stay on his bumper. After 2 laps of that he finally gave me the point by. I don't think he was pushing it that hard in the turns. I think he would have had a heart attack if he went off the track at any point.

There are a total of 131 pictures but most are repetitive. So I just picked out my favorites. The shots of me taking a left is at turn 3 and the ones I am just coming from a right turn going into a left is from turn 4 to turn 5.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
ilikerice

Here are a couple pics of the track for those who have never seen it
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #48
Form>Function

Looks fun man. Still shocks me that these little things are such track stars lol

Old 10-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #49
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Great pictures man, car is looking nice out there!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #50
yarisgeo13
yarisgeo13

Drives: gloss black 5 door
Send a message via Yahoo to yarisgeo13
Cool track pictures! For right now that type of driving isn't in the cards for my car. No doubt you have the time and had the expenses of gearing up your car to do so. But I wouldn't mind going to a track seeing this model(s) of cars going at it for fun and see how far anyone can take this type of car on the track!!
yarisgeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #51
Mz3oh5

Drives: 13' HB
Looks nice, I like the direction that your going. Any plans on doing any paint work or customed vinyl wrapping !?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #52
ilikerice

no plans. Body need to be repaired again. Probably next body kit I do I will do a color change. I am liking orange /w silver or gunmetal wheels. Next on the list is motor. Turbo with standalone. Or LSD with xB final drive with lightened flywheel and better clutch... haven't decided which I wanna do first. Both are about the same price. Bit more for the turbo because of standalone. Need a back up 1nz motor first.

Track days like this are not alot of money. ranges between 250-300 for an all day event. No need for roll cage or fire extinguishing system. just a Snell 05+ helmet.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #53
ilikerice

Our region supplied some cones for a local car show and in return we set up a booth to promote our autocross events. Some pictures of mine I was tagged in on facebook
Attached Images

Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #54
ilikerice

Got the 1zz throttle body in. After install, did the high/low up/down for about a minute. Let it do that til it evened out. Idles fine except on cold start up. Will Idle up to 2800 rpm's when started up but eventually drops to 700 when it reaches operating temperature. I am sure this is normal and it doesn't bother me one bit. Just letting the info out there.

Next weekend, I will get my nitto mid pipe with wideband installed. Having issues trying to hook up my A pillar gauge pod. It isn't fitting right. I may go another route and just install pods on my dash. I didn't want to drill holes in my dash, but may have to.