Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
ScottFern

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Do any other Toyota front seats have same bolt pattern as Yaris?

I have my own weird idea going through my head and its just an idea as of right now.

But I just wanted to know if any other Toyota front seats have the same bolt pattern as the Yaris? I love the car and I just bought a seat cushion so we will see. However, I just wanted to know this information and have it in the back of my head I guess.

Thanks!
ScottFern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
They may, but remember the passenger side will also have airbag sensors to contend with or for you to try to match.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Do you want new seats for comfort issues? I have tried to modify my drivers seat many different ways and have even replaced it with an XB seat (lots of bracket work required) only to find it's not the seat that's uncomfortable. It turns out it's the fact that the steering wheel is to close to the pedals and you have to lean forward to reach it causing your back to hunch over. The seat is comfortable, I just wish the Yaris had a teloscoping steering wheel.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:29 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Do you want new seats for comfort issues? I have tried to modify my drivers seat many different ways and have even replaced it with an XB seat (lots of bracket work required) only to find it's not the seat that's uncomfortable. It turns out it's the fact that the steering wheel is to close to the pedals and you have to lean forward to reach it causing your back to hunch over. The seat is comfortable, I just wish the Yaris had a teloscoping steering wheel.
I totally agree... There was some talk some time ago of making a bracket to extend the steering wheel out a little, but it looks like nothing's come out of it yet:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4561

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 AM   #5
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Drives: White YRX 5DR Hatchback 2006
Quote:
The Australian Yaris has telecoping adjusting steering wheel ~ Tilting as well ~

Sorry......you probably want to kill me now ~

Jaspie ~
jaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspie View Post
The Australian Yaris has telecoping adjusting steering wheel ~ Tilting as well ~

Jaspie ~
Shit!

Toyota America SUCKS!!!

Last edited by kimona; 06-18-2007 at 10:12 AM.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Quote:

Jaspie ~
WTF!!! You probably have a tachometer too. Why do we get the shit end of the stick here in America? No diesels, no tachometers (LB), no teloscopic steering wheel. This pisses me off.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 AM   #8
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
My Canadian 5dr liftback doesn't have telescopic (but we do get the tachometer). I believe the seats and the seating position is same as 3dr liftback, but not sure.

I don't have any problems with the steering position. I'm usually steering with one finger and a thumb, with the elbow resting against the door sill and the other hand picking my nose.

I find the Yaris seat comfortable, but I weight 260lb and probably force the seat to mold to my frame, while someone else may have trouble fitting into the cushion. It'd be cool if the seat had 6-way adjustment and you could create a recline seating position and have a steering telescope to make it work. But, I wouldn't pay extra for it, given that the current seating position is ok.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:57 AM   #9
Edd

Drives: None
Quote:
WTF!!! You probably have a tachometer too.
Yep, all Yaris models in Aus have a digital speedo and tacho. I think they also all get the flat folding rear seats (maybe jaspie can confirm this). I think your Yaris ends up a lot cheaper (like your petrol), so you aren't getting a raw deal.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #10
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
Yep, all Yaris models in Aus have a digital speedo and tacho. I think they also all get the flat folding rear seats (maybe jaspie can confirm this). I think your Yaris ends up a lot cheaper (like your petrol), so you aren't getting a raw deal.
Yep.....we have flat folding seats ~

Yea.....our Yaris' are more expensive ~ You can get is for US$15k???

We get ours for AU$20K....it can be more or less....depends on the model ~

jaspie ~
Old 06-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Jaspie..........can you just ship your car oversees? haha I'll trade you!!!!! lol jk jk. the US yaris sucks when it comes to interior classiness. I think it's becuase all the companies dump all they moneys into making the SUVs all classy on the interior or w/e.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:47 AM   #12
jaspie
Lil White her name is ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
Jaspie..........can you just ship your car oversees? haha I'll trade you!!!!! lol jk jk. the US yaris sucks when it comes to interior classiness. I think it's becuase all the companies dump all they moneys into making the SUVs all classy on the interior or w/e.
Hahaha ~

You're gonna have to pay for the car and shipping fees too (damn the shipping fee will suck ~) ~

So I'm guessing the car will probably cost you AU$30K ~ Do you want to pay that much?

Hehe ~

Jaspie ~
Old 06-20-2007, 01:50 AM   #13
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
I totally agree... There was some talk some time ago of making a bracket to extend the steering wheel out a little, but it looks like nothing's come out of it yet:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4561
how were your "ricer" seats adapted to your Yaris... were the brackets prefabbed? or were they custom fabbed? if the were prefabbed that may be an item to add to the next group buy
Old 06-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #14
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
how were your "ricer" seats adapted to your Yaris... were the brackets prefabbed? or were they custom fabbed? if the were prefabbed that may be an item to add to the next group buy
They were custom-made, basically they welded the new seat frame onto the rails from the OEM seats...

And we need to find a solution quick for this comfort issue, this hot chick I know here who drives a Yaris is having leg pain on long drives because of this, and she is thinking of trading her Yaris for a Fit! I cannot let this blasphemy, this parody, this insult come to be! Help me YarisWorld!!!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 AM   #15
Capagotks
Chode

Drives: Silver 5 Door YRX 1.5L I4
Send a message via MSN to Capagotks
Quote:
The seat is comfortable, I just wish the Yaris had a teloscoping steering wheel.
Mine does, but I'm in Australia as well. however it doesnt actually move up/down that far (or in/out either) not as far as ive seen on other cars
Capagotks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #16
Capagotks
Chode

Drives: Silver 5 Door YRX 1.5L I4
Send a message via MSN to Capagotks
Quote:
Yep.....we have flat folding seats ~

Yea.....our Yaris' are more expensive ~ You can get is for US$15k???

We get ours for AU$20K....it can be more or less....depends on the model ~

jaspie ~
more like 16K AUD for the YR manual and no metalic paint
Capagotks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:41 AM   #17
Edd

Drives: None
Jaspie was talking about the YRX.

Quote:
YR HATCHBACK
3 Door Hatchback manual
from $15,190*
3 Door Hatchback auto
from $16,690*
5 Door Hatchback manual
from $16,390*
5 Door Hatchback auto
from $17,890*
Quote:
YRS HATCHBACK
3 Door Hatchback manual
from $16,990*
3 Door Hatchback auto
from $18,490*
5 Door Hatchback manual
from $18,190*
5 Door Hatchback auto
from $19,690*
Quote:
YRX HATCHBACK
3 Door Hatchback manual
from $19,590*
3 Door Hatchback auto
from $21,090*
5 Door Hatchback manual
from $20,790*
5 Door Hatchback auto
from $22,290*
"Power package" ~$0 on all models
Metallic paint ~$350
Safety Package (side and curtain airbags) ~$750
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:32 AM   #18
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
One of you Aussies better keep going to local scrapyards to hunt down written-off Yaris and ripping out parts that some of us here would want to buy, I know they're out there.

I for one would be up for a telescopically adjustable steering wheel (audio controls on the steering wheel are nice too), as well as the split-fold sliding rear seat.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote