Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #55
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
Big car issues at the moment!!! I have 2 codes coming P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input and P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

The car is running like shit idle is alright when I rev the engine it barely wants to rev and backfires badly ... Car will barely move !!!

Is this because of my turbo is fucked not getting enough air from the turbo seems it's not sucking in any air! Any one for some help?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #56
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgab101 View Post
Big car issues at the moment!!! I have 2 codes coming P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input and P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction

The car is running like shit idle is alright when I rev the engine it barely wants to rev and backfires badly ... Car will barely move !!!

Is this because of my turbo is fucked not getting enough air from the turbo seems it's not sucking in any air! Any one for some help?
Sounds like the FIC. Who tuned it? Plug in factory ecu to see if it idles fine. Or usually the FIC comes with a harness bypass plug... Unplug the FIC and plug in bypass harness. Also check to make sure all couplers are secure.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 AM   #57
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Do you have a boost gauge or A/F? Might be a vac leak but most likely the something with the FIC since you have the P0335. As Blown said use the supplied bypass harness n see if that fixes it then you kno its the FIC.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #58
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
this:
Quote:
usually the FIC comes with a harness bypass plug... Unplug the FIC and plug in bypass harness.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #59
djgab101

Alright guys moment of true unplug AEM fic with the boomslang I didn't use he by pass my car is going to be tuned next week so hopefully car can make it there and then they can plug in the harness and bypass and tune it!

After unplug AEM fix car works fine again .. Tuner said dont waste money getting Air/fuel but I am gonna get one make sure!!

The bypass harness didn't know it was need .. Where does it even connect to and wat does it control I feel like sub a noob!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #60
djgab101

alright here is my problem! when i disconnect the boomslang harness from the ecu the car runs fine! if i plug the boomslang into the ecu and put the bypass harness the car runs like shit .. rough reving and jumping idle problems!! so is there an issue with my boomslang harness or wat? then when i plug it into the aem fic .. it seems to run fine with only once their was power loss for a split second!! i dont think the boomslang works with the aem fic bypass it doesnt seem to work!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #61
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgab101 View Post
alright here is my problem! when i disconnect the boomslang harness from the ecu the car runs fine! if i plug the boomslang into the ecu and put the bypass harness the car runs like shit .. rough reving and jumping idle problems!! so is there an issue with my boomslang harness or wat? then when i plug it into the aem fic .. it seems to run fine with only once their was power loss for a split second!! i dont think the boomslang works with the aem fic bypass it doesnt seem to work!

The boomslang should work fine with the bypass. With fnkngrv's boomslang I found that two wires on the male connector had broken loose from the pins. The male end uses a connector that is harvested from an ECM, so rather than having pins which are crimped to the wires, the wires are just soldered to the tabs that would go into the printed circuit board in the ECM. If any of the solder joints aren't perfect, they will pull off with vibration.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #62
djgab101

Check my connections everything seems fine!

After driving around everything fine that one spot where I have loss of power is at low revs when I full throttle it the car has loss of power and makes noise from exhaust as if valves are opening and closing and u can hear it thru the exhaust! Taking my car in 5 days time to fix o2 sensor and the dyno tune! Numbers and dyno sheet hopefully will be provided :)
Old 02-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #63
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ sounds like pinging. What grade gas/fuel/petrol (whatever they call it down under) are you using?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #64
djgab101

Lol I am using 98 octane premium Petrol
Old 02-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #65
djgab101

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrGDy...nVWLqc2dpyVscR

This is my car issues I noticed when load is low and I hit the throttle Lod jumped to 99 on my scan gauge and car loses power this happen around 2000 rpm and also at 5000rpm
Old 02-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #66
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

What are you using to monitor A/F ratios? Hopefully not the scangauge, it's far too slow to be helpful with that parameter.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #67
djgab101

At the moment waiting on wide band to arrive so no monitor any a/f ratios I hope when This goes for a tune on Tuesday that all goes well and everythig is fixed!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #68
djgab101

Okay car went for a tune i am picking it up tomorrow in the morning!

apparently At 5000rpm when the mixutre is lean the car pushes to redline but apparently when they add more fuel to keep it stoich the car cuts out. he doesnt wana lean the mixture cause it damage the engine. he said maybe a walbro fuel pump or injectors would solve the issue i am going to order 1zz injectors and hope it fixes the issue!

Otherwise the car is running extremely well apparently and they are happy with wat tune
once i get my car tomorrow i will be able to see how it runs and go from there..
Old 02-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #69
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

What is the duty cycle of the injectors looking like?
They should be able to tell 100% if that's the problem. No guessing allowed.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #70
Pur_Blu

Drives: NCVC craziest
Send a message via AIM to Pur_Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Pur_Blu
U tell um Garm... did they at least tell u what numbers they were able to make with the tune or will u find out 2morrow?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #71
djgab101

man i dont know anymore!
getting my car back they told me that my max hp was 129HP if that is true which i dont know is like 20 hp gain on a turbo which i believe cant be right to top it off the dyno was done in 4th gear which i think to be sure should be donw in 3rd gear?

once i got home i looked at the tune the guy did and looking thru the maps he only adjusted the ignition map and fuel map

the o2 map havent been changed or messed around with at all as soon as my a/f gauage arrives i am going to install it and see how the AFR look! car runs up until 5000 rpm where seems to lose of power from fuel

and garm i asked him wat my duty cycle was and he just gave me an example about how at idle they may use .8 volts and at full throttle they could be using 3 volts and injectors arent the way to go it is better to ungrade fuel pump so that when the injectors are opened it would squirt more fuel into the engine when the injectors are open
Attached Images
File Type: png photo1.png (434.5 KB, 181 views)
Old 02-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #72
djgab101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pur_Blu View Post
U tell um Garm... did they at least tell u what numbers they were able to make with the tune or will u find out 2morrow?
hey i know i was suspost to put photos trying to sort my tune out first but photos will come up!