Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
So you would recommend a combination of the AEM F/IC and the Boomslang harness in order to get the most out of the Blitz? Is that too much for the stock internals to handle in a daily driver?
That will definitely not be too much for the stock internals to handle. Most you will get is 140(ish) whp; atleast I did. However, I did have a 2.25" headerback exhaust setup with aem meth injection (50/50 water meth). I had 1zz fuel injectors too.

Also, depends what dyno you go on to see what numbers it will show, but it will be around 140whp. I dyno'd on two different dynos and i'm confident that it is near that number when retuning with a different management.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
That will definitely not be too much for the stock internals to handle. Most you will get is 140(ish) whp; atleast I did. However, I did have a 2.25" headerback exhaust setup with aem meth injection (50/50 water meth). I had 1zz fuel injectors too.

Also, depends what dyno you go on to see what numbers it will show, but it will be around 140whp. I dyno'd on two different dynos and i'm confident that it is near that number when retuning with a different management.
I have an AFE intake, Megan header, 2.25" mid-pipe, and Megan axle-back.

I figured the Blitz (without management) to add another ~30 HP (unless I'm mistaken?), which would/should bring me up somewhere around 140-ish. If so, I can't really see the benefit of spending another $800 or so on the AEM and Boomslang.

Do you recommend adding 1ZZ injectors with the Blitz?
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
I have an AFE intake, Megan header, 2.25" mid-pipe, and Megan axle-back.

I figured the Blitz (without management) to add another ~30 HP (unless I'm mistaken?), which would/should bring me up somewhere around 140-ish. If so, I can't really see the benefit of spending another $800 or so on the AEM and Boomslang.

Do you recommend adding 1ZZ injectors with the Blitz?
You don't NEED a wideband for the AFR. You could have them measure it if you dyno your car.

Your exhaust setup still isn't as free flowing as 2.25" headerback, but it IS better than stock. Are you implying you dyno'd 110whp with your current setup? Also, don't trust that supposed "30 whp" gain from the blitz kit." It's probably more like "20 whp."

Again, i don't know what dyno you went on; all are calibrated differently. But I don't think you will hit 140whp with your setup if you just use the blitz piggyback. Maybe you will though on the dyno you have been going on. However, if i went on your same dyno with my setup, it'd probably show "160whp."

If 140whp is the magic # you want to reach, then that's fine. But don't think that if you hit 140 on the dyno you go on, that it is the same as the 140 i hit after retuning with different management.

Trust me, retuning with a different management unleashes a lot more power/potential from the compressor. Up to you if you want to do that or not.

I'd suggest just wire up the piggyback yourself and drive it around like that for awhile. If you are content with the power, great! If not, you have another option with your setup to get more ponies. And that is always a great thing.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
I'd suggest just wire up the piggyback yourself and drive it around like that for awhile. If you are content with the power, great! If not, you have another option with your setup to get more ponies. And that is always a great thing.
+1 on that. I am happier than a pig in poop with mine as-is.