Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
Ab9000

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatchback
vehicle pull when on freeway

Within the last few weeks my 2008 yaris hatchback had been been getting progressively worse as far as handling goes when on freeways. When on the freeway it would feel like it was going to roll over whenever i needed to turn the car even slightly to the right. Going up or down hills seemed to be worse. It got so bad the other night i had to get off the freeway and take side streets.

I took it to an auto shop(firestone) to get it looked it. I figured it might be my shocks/struts. The shocks/struts were okay. They said it needed tires and an alignment.

well i got it back the other day and its still handling very poorly and the traction feels really bad. It's doing the exact same thing. When the freeway veers to the right and i feel like I need to turn right slightly the traction is really bad and it feels like i'm gonna tip over

i hope i'm explaining the problem well enough. The new tires they put on are champion fuel fighter BL 185/60R15
Ab9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Potentially a worn suspension component on left side. Ball joints, away bar links, bushings etc. Jack the car up and inspect it or at least go to a reputable shop and get a second opinion.

What year is the yaris, mileage etc?
Old 11-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #3
Ab9000

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatchback
2008 hatchback 150k miles

They checked the suspension. I'm looking at the report now and it says OK for everything.

Could they have missed something?
Ab9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #4
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
possibly as they likely just did a quick check. There isn't really a way to know for sure the struts/shocks are gone but that is likely as it wouldn't show quickly on inspection and is would/could lead to the car dipping causing the sensation you're experiencing.

If it is getting worse than something is worn. If you just transitioned from a sports car to this then I'd say it's just the contrast from sport suspension to the stock yaris suspension but this doesn't see to be the case
Old 11-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #5
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
See if you can get a print-out of the alignment and I can advise if it is the issue.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote