Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
Oh the noise!!!

So Yesterday I went to start my Car after replacing the already cracking serpentine belt. Now the squeal when I start had went away, and the slipping on the A/C Compressor has stopped but now there is this "valve" like noise so today I had one of my buddies from Auto Shop class stand in front of the car when I started it during lunch He said he heard it but once the oil go circulating it went away. hmm so I pulled out the dip stick and checked and it read an equal distance from the quart low hole above the full hole. Awesome i have managed to put too much oil in my car 2400 mile ago when i changed it. So I drove home, swinging by the auto parts store to get 4qt of oil so that I can drain the oil while the engine is hot and put the 3.7L or 3.9qt oil that the OEM specs recommended. So I changed it out with 5w-30 Royal Purple performance oil (ya know because Zippy is a performance car).

I did that and started to do my usual test drive up the road and back, and decided to push my fog light button, the electronic went hay wire everything lighted up and the car about died before I turned the button back off. OK well, that is annoying so I said screw it I will just go back and take out the jump wire that I had originally put in to get the lights to work in the first place. I pulled out the wire and for the hell of it pushed the button to make sure the lights didn't work... they worked!!! which means that all the trouble i gave CTScott when i installed them was actually due to the lights originally not being connected right and that the way it was wire before from following the diagram and installation guide was right. I appoligize to CTScott for previous annoyances I may have caused "I sorry!".

On the positive, after taking the jump wire out and testing the fog lights and headlight (the issue occurred with both), and finally taking the car on an actual test drive to see how she feels. WHOAH all of my mods with the combination of the the below list and the 5w-30 royal purple performance oil, and the E3 spark plugs sudden appeared. I had been thinking that I didn't feel any actually noticeable differences with the mod like everyone had been saying but I figured that it was just that they where not as noticeable as I was expecting. basically I went up a slight hill, put her in second at 20mph and gave all she's got and got thrown back in my seat as she let me know that she had been bogged down with the excess oil and that she had more to offer. I would say that Zippy made it feel as though she had gained about 18.6% more horse power.

rough calculation would be about 125.8hp to the crank, and ~107-108hp to the wheels. given about a 15% loss of power through the transmission and differential. that is just a rough estimate and 15% is what I believe I remember was what a V8 lost after going through the transmission, traveling down the drive shaft, going through the differential gears, then going through the axles, and then going to the wheels.

106 x .15= 15.9
106-15.9= 90.1 <this isn't far off from what people have shown as base line for an automatic transmission.

so if the norm for just intake, header and exhaust is 107whp then 107/.85 (the 85% that is left after loss) =125.882 crank horse power. The "15%" is probably lower given the less parts to go though to get to the wheels and the more direct path to get there.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood

Last edited by Golddeenoh; 07-02-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: fixed the math
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

^ wall of text cleaves forum for a bazillion!! lol :D
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Old 07-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Old 07-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post