Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Kens
RS

Drives: Toyota vitz rs 2006
Headlights [Problem]

Hello!

I have been having a problem as of recently. The problem is that when I turn on the ignition and turn on the head lights (that's 2 clicks - first side lamps, then headlights) they don't turn on. Then I click back to side lamps and back to the headlights which then they come on.

Now I tried altering between side lamps and even from off to headlights and it's random! They sometimes come on (mostly they come on) but usually I have to click back.

What could be the reason for this? I haven't made any changes to the car.
Kens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
Geoff Peace

Drives: Yaris 1.33 litre 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kens View Post
Hello!

I have been having a problem as of recently. The problem is that when I turn on the ignition and turn on the head lights (that's 2 clicks - first side lamps, then headlights) they don't turn on. Then I click back to side lamps and back to the headlights which then they come on.

Now I tried altering between side lamps and even from off to headlights and it's random! They sometimes come on (mostly they come on) but usually I have to click back.

What could be the reason for this? I haven't made any changes to the car.
Headlight switch and or connectors defective. Headlight relay and or connectors playing up. Connectors to the headlight bulbs defective. Poor earth connection to the headlights. I do not have any wiring diagrams so I cannot be definite as to whether the yaris has a headlight relay.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Regards Geoff Peace.
Geoff Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
Kens
RS

Drives: Toyota vitz rs 2006
Cheers mate! Will check.
Kens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:34 AM   #4
panthervision99
I've made a post!