Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
Dealer Dust Off!

My 5-speed hatch has about 54K miles on it and has made a drivetrain nosie since it was new. I first brought it to the service departments attention in August of 2007. I have been dusted off by mechanics twice making up excuses that the noise was "normal". I have never owned an automatic transmo and owned two previous Toyotas prior to the Yaris. When I start to let out the clutch in first there is a 'clunk' as if slack is taking up in the transaxle.

Last year, in frustration, I talked to the service manager who was a real 'buddy'. He said for me to bring it in before 60K and they would keep it over night to check the chattering clutch and clunking noise. Lulled into a sense of security I go by today and am met with an ornery, "I don't hear anything wrong" service manager. He was outright rude and uncooperative and pointed out that my car has so many miles on it that something should have broken by now!

Wow! This was not the guy I talked to last year. Lied to and mislead. He told me to call Toyota to request regional rep to check the car. I went to the Toyota website and wrote an email only to be duped by the fact it refused to register me due to improper email address! Toyota doesn't want your email. A quick search showed me some advice from he Tundra website that said stick with your dealer--Toyota is not that helpful.

What is your guy's take and suggestion?

This problem was recorded first before 5K miles.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
YaRS

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Wait until your warranty is up. Then your dealership will instantly provide you with a correct diagnosis. (I saw a lady complaining of just that style rip-off when I went in for my post-purchase Free Oil Change.)

Generally though, it's hard to find a good trustworthy shop. Best bet is to do some research and hope to get lucky.
YaRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Phaeton

Drives: Blazing Blue Liftback
Go to a different dealer.
Phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
did you call the actual toyota customer service? +1 on trying another dealership
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote