Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #55
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkay View Post
I received my notice a few weeks ago. Not sure whether I will take it in or not. The problem is that I don't trust my dealer and I believe they will probably "fix" something else at the same time--you know, because the miss me so much. I'd rather wait until somebody posts some DIY instructions somewhere. It's not like the car is going to spontaneously combust in the meantime.
If you take it in for a recall, and they "fix" something without your asking them to, then THEY have to pay. It's really simple.
Get the recall done - by a dealer (so it's their fault if anything goes wrong) and get back t oenjoying your car.
Don't trust your dealer to do it right - find another.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #56
bubaa

Drives: yaris rs
mhhh i cheked a moment ago on my yarii and it seems that when a pathfinder hit me on my side they removed the badge from the door
bubaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #57
robkay

Drives: Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
If you take it in for a recall, and they "fix" something without your asking them to, then THEY have to pay. It's really simple.
Get the recall done - by a dealer (so it's their fault if anything goes wrong) and get back t oenjoying your car.
Don't trust your dealer to do it right - find another.
Sounds great in theory, but in the real world it works like this:

Me: (A month after having the recall service.) "My air conditioner was working fine before I brought the car in for the recall service.

Them: Uh, yeah, it isn't working so well now.

Me: You guys did something when I brought it in for the recall.

Them: Nuh uh.

Me: Yeauhhhhhhh!!!

Me: You're going to fix it for free.

Them:
robkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #58
vwtech
Banned

Drives: 09 jetta tdi dsg
Quote:
Originally Posted by robkay View Post
Sounds great in theory, but in the real world it works like this:

Me: (A month after having the recall service.) "My air conditioner was working fine before I brought the car in for the recall service.

Them: Uh, yeah, it isn't working so well now.

Me: You guys did something when I brought it in for the recall.

Me: Yeauhhhhhhh!!!

Me: You're going to fix it for free.

Them:
how could taking a piece of foam out have anything to do with your a/c? you cant just blame other people for things because you dont want to pay to get it fixed.
vwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #59
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwtech View Post
how could taking a piece of foam out have anything to do with your a/c? you cant just blame other people for things because you dont want to pay to get it fixed.
+1, I worked as a Service Tech at a 76 station years ago. I can't count the times that a customer would come back a week after an LOF (Lube, Oil & Filter) and claim that we did something to their brakes/exhaust/head gasket/wheel bearings/air conditioning/timing belt/caused a head lamp to go out/etc, etc...

While it is completely possible that a mechanic could sabotage a car to get service in the future, it is also completely possible and more likely that things on cars break or wear out. If you have some proof that your dealership did something to your car then by all means, blame them. Take it to a different shop and without telling them who did the work, ask them to look and see if it is normal wear or if it looks like it could have been deliberately broken.
Stove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:45 PM   #60
RedStickHam

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
I got a recall on my 2009 Yaris today. Basically a label for the load carrying capacity is either incorrect or was left off altogether(I haven't gone out to check yet). What I have to do is put the new label they sent me on the inside of the door jamb. According to the label they sent me, the carrying capacity of my car has been reduced by 12 lbs!

Did anyone else get this one?

RedStickHam
RedStickHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 AM   #61
husaynkhan

Drives: new vitz
Mine is a vitz 06 and every day in the morning when i start it it screech about 20 sec and then start. can u help me to find out the prob?
husaynkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #62
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Screeching under the hood usually means a slipping belt.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #63
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
OMG!! CALL TOYOTA!! NEW RECALL!! .....screeching belt...... lol, not trying to make fun but y was that posted in this thread, lol.

ROOKIES!! LOL

and +1 for yaris_hilton, check the accessory belt, its located..... well its the only belt u can see. lol
Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #64
JetfireK

Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
PLEASE READ - I AM AWARE THERE ARE A FEW THREADS ON THIS - BUT I HAVE THE BUILD DATES LISTED OF THE AFFECTED VEHICLES.

I've been waiting for a recall notice on my Yaris for a month now. So, fed up, I decided to call my dealer. They told me that my Yaris is fine and is my wife’s because our manufacturing date is after 9th of April 2007.

The Yaris that are affected and need to be taken to dealer to be fixed were manufactured between 19th August 2005 and 9th April 2007.

If you own a Yaris that has a build date between 19th August 2005 and 9th April 2007 and have not yet received a recall notice I suggest you take it to any Toyota Dealer and or at least ring a Toyota Dealer and ask them.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Where exactly is the manufacturing date stamped on the Yaris? This was the case long ago..whereby it was on the rear lights...Does anyone know? I have a 2008 but want to look for the date..Thank you in advance
JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #65
KrazyDawg

Drives: 08 3dr LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStickHam View Post
I got a recall on my 2009 Yaris today. Basically a label for the load carrying capacity is either incorrect or was left off altogether(I haven't gone out to check yet). What I have to do is put the new label they sent me on the inside of the door jamb. According to the label they sent me, the carrying capacity of my car has been reduced by 12 lbs!

Did anyone else get this one?

RedStickHam
That one is a known recall but it's not something most people worry about. You would have to weigh every single item in your car including yourself to exceed the carrying capacity.

KrazyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #66
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetfireK View Post
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Where exactly is the manufacturing date stamped on the Yaris? This was the case long ago..whereby it was on the rear lights...Does anyone know? I have a 2008 but want to look for the date..Thank you in advance
driver side door plate. Where the vin number is.