Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
gia_LA

Drives: 2010 yaris (i hope)
Thumbs down north hollywood toyota - STAY AWAY

has turned my car shopping experience into a true nightmare. not only are they blatantly trying to rip me off with the price of the car they also are added a bunch of fees and options to my financing which make little sense. i think they just plugged in a bunch of numbers they thought looked pretty and would give them the most in commission and bonuses.

this dealership is awful. i wouldn't trust them at all. if i had more choices i would be looking elsewhere. i still might for a certified pre-owned yaris. either way once i get my car, new or used, this dealership will never see me again. the people who work there are liars and thieves.

gia_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
What fees and options? (you can say no to options?)

We can all learn if you give more detail.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
What was the asking price? Package options?

And yes, fees are unavoidable. We all have to pay tax and licensing

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
They prob saw an easy target or something.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Before you blame the dealership for everything, look closely at the fees. In many cases the bank handling the financing assess fees. Sure, the dealership usually has a doc/reg/title fee. But beyond that most fees are added by the bank fronting the money for your car. Just the cost of doing business.

What "options" are you talking about?
Old 07-04-2010, 03:00 AM   #6
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Don't want fees for getting a loan? Then save up the 16k in your bank account, and kwitcherbitchen'.

As destructive as banks are to society, you're feeding the very source of the problem by getting a loan...

FYI, the only "option" you have to take up in our neck of the woods, is a block heater (our dealer insists, to avoid no-starts in the winter).
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
ddongbap
Banned

Banks are destructive to society? Is that kinda like how communism theroetically works?
Old 07-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Go to Costco. They have a car buying program. If you don't have a Costco card, a friend with a Costco card can help you.

If you don't have a good credit rating, don't go through the dealer, 20%. The easiest is to join a credit union.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
advocate

Drives: car
credit unions ftw.

ours has a great car purchasing section. they got me my yaris =)
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
gia_LA

Drives: 2010 yaris (i hope)
unfortunately i don't have the details of my loan structure since they would not let me keep it. they would not make a copy of it.

they also did not send my loan to the bank that i wanted to work with. i know they don't have to but the bank i wanted to use actually owns the dealership.

when i called back to speak with the finance department they told me to have my friend call them and they would speak with him but not me.

they also informed me today that they did not lose a sale because they never had one. i actually would have bought it, even at that inflated cost because i wanted it so badly. all i asked was for it to be sent to a certain bank and to let me keep the financing docs with the numbers on it to look over.
gia_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
advocate

Drives: car
a car is a very big investment. it's anywhere from a 2 year to a 10+ year investment depending on your personality. There's no point in rushing the sale. Take your time, get the right loan you want from the right bank and make sure you get all the options and your favorite color.

You won't be sorry. Good luck!
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
ddongbap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gia_LA View Post
unfortunately i don't have the details of my loan structure since they would not let me keep it. they would not make a copy of it.

they also did not send my loan to the bank that i wanted to work with. i know they don't have to but the bank i wanted to use actually owns the dealership.

when i called back to speak with the finance department they told me to have my friend call them and they would speak with him but not me.

they also informed me today that they did not lose a sale because they never had one. i actually would have bought it, even at that inflated cost because i wanted it so badly. all i asked was for it to be sent to a certain bank and to let me keep the financing docs with the numbers on it to look over.
Talk to my friend. He'll be straight up with you.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #13
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Alright I'm getting tired of this, so let's just make this happen. PM me once you've figured out your budget intended for your Yaris (remember to first do your research and decide what you wanna pay overall, down payment, monthly payment, model, and package options). If your goal seems realistic I'll walk-in with you to a dealership or two and help you with your deal. For some odd reason dealers look like they've shat their pants when an Indian guy walks in, irregardless of who's the buyer (not sure what it is about us that does this, but I could give a damn either way...). It's how I got my deal. Lemme know

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
suprajoey

Drives: 08' Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
Alright I'm getting tired of this, so let's just make this happen. PM me once you've figured out your budget intended for your Yaris (remember to first do your research and decide what you wanna pay overall, down payment, monthly payment, model, and package options). If your goal seems realistic I'll walk-in with you to a dealership or two and help you with your deal. For some odd reason dealers look like they've shat their pants when an Indian guy walks in, irregardless of who's the buyer (not sure what it is about us that does this, but I could give a damn either way...). It's how I got my deal. Lemme know
LMAO...!!

suprajoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #15
ddongbap
Banned

Me: Hey bro, I wanna trade my X-Runner in.

My friend: K. Come in.

Done.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
Dude, you live in LA, there a whole bunch of other dealers in the area, go elsewhere, hell, go to Toyota.com and email a few dealerships
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote