Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
EricGSXR

Drives: Yaris NSP90 1.33 TTE
Can somebody make a picture of this part (45184-52130-B0) because here in Holland we don't know this part number. I've looked today on EPC and I didn't find the cover with a hole in it
EricGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGSXR View Post
Is the Euro Yaris prepared for a factory cruise control and will it work?

Would be great because I've got the cruise control stick already
So far we've found that European and Australian ECMs don't support cruise control.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #21
EricGSXR

Drives: Yaris NSP90 1.33 TTE
That's a pity.

That's the reason why it's so expensive to upgrade your Yaris with cruise control here, it will cost 850 bucks.
EricGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #22
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
That was a great presentation. I think I'll install one in mine soon.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #23
upgradedyaris

Drives: Yaris & Supra
Added note:

If you plan to purchase the OEM rear panel of wheel so you don't have to cut the hole to fit the cruise stalk, you will need to remove steering wheel. It is better IMO since you have a factory look, AND, it's merrily a bolt away anyway. :)

Duane
upgradedyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
SmartYaris

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr auto, '08 Smart
I did mine today. It was $112 from the dealer, down from when I originally mentioned Yaris and it was $109 for the switch alone then the screws and wire were extra totaling $156. I changed it from Yaris to Corolla and the price dropped and the kit had everything in it.

Drilled a hole in the lower piece then went to Lowes and bought a hole grommet to cover the edge where I didn't drill it perfect. Looks and functions great. Thought the wife would scream about the money spent but instead she asked when I was going to add the power locks/windows.
SmartYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #25
3toys
hamchk

Drives: 10 LB
Thanks PeteZNY for the instructions, did my new 2010 today and works great. Saved $$$, and did not have to go with aftermarket.
3toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #26
bribri

Drives: white stock yris
one small question

I understand that you connect the cruise control switch to where the horn was connected. Do you just leave the horn wire disconnected ?
BriBri
bribri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #27
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri View Post
I understand that you connect the cruise control switch to where the horn was connected. Do you just leave the horn wire disconnected ?
BriBri
If you buy the "Cruise Control Wire" from Toyota, it is a Y cable with 3 ends that connect to: The cruise stalk, the connector where the horn was plugged in, and the spade connector on the horn switch.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #28
bribri

thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
bribri

cruise control wire DIY?

toyota in Barrie Ontario canada, Jacksons toyota wants $60.00 for the cruise control wire. I this wire something I can fabricate myself. I've never actually seen it.
Thanks bri
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #30
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri View Post
toyota in Barrie Ontario canada, Jacksons toyota wants $60.00 for the cruise control wire. I this wire something I can fabricate myself. I've never actually seen it.
Thanks bri
Here's mine. I bought a Scion TC steering wheel with the cruise stalk and the Scion CC wire for $45 off ebay. The steering wheel is of no use, but $45 for the stalk and cable was a good deal. (And, I can probably get $10 for the steering wheel, if I list it on ebay.)

The spiral cable end of the CC wire for the Scion was different because the Scion wheel has steering wheel radio controls. I was able to pop the two CC pins from the Scion spiral cable connector and stick them into 4 pin connector on my Yaris.

CC Wire.jpg
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #31
bribri

I caved and the bought switch wire. 30 min install. Thanks everyone for this information.
I didn't disconnect the air bag to install. The only problem was the hole location which a sharp knife adjusted.
thanks again
Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #32
nawlinsprius
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 5drlb PP
done

installed the 4 parts from OP's list (wire, stalk, screws and steering wheel lower cover with premade hole) at the dealer in 30 minutes.
was afraid to install myself because of the airbag, but it did not have to be removed or disconnected.
it was free (they like me since i bought 3 toyotas lately) and the parts were ordered online for $130.
(2010 5dr LB)
works without any problems. good deal.
nawlinsprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #33
PhillyG

Drives: 2009 Yaris
im a little confused.. i want mine to be looking factory. but is there any one place online to buy all this instead of a dealer? just looking for a little cheaper is all.
PhillyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #34
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyG View Post
im a little confused.. i want mine to be looking factory. but is there any one place online to buy all this instead of a dealer? just looking for a little cheaper is all.
TRDsparks.com typically can save you a few dollars versus your local dealer. Buying parts from a junkyard or shopping eBay will net you an even better price for the stalk.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #35
dingbat

Drives: '10 3D Liftback
Did this mod today on my '10 3 door hatch with base trim.

-All harness wires were already in place. No running wires was necessary.

-Screws to remove the airbag were Torx T30. I used a 1/4" drive bit on a ratchet handle with an extension which fit in the access hole very nicely.

-Blade connector for the horn had a little tab locking it in place that caused me some consternation until I realized it was there.

-Ether the switch I got had a scratch on it when I got it or I scratched it when I passed it behind the metal steering wheel frame to set it in place. I'd suggest being careful with that step.

-I didn't disconnect the air bag, just held it out of the way. Only tricky part was drilling the hole.

Exceptional tutorial PeteZNY. Thank you!
dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #36
YarisGoFar

Drives: '10 Yaris 3Dr LB, MT Meteorite
I installed it on my 2010 3 LB MT today. I decided to go with the factory steering wheel cover rather than drilling my own hole on a car that has less than 3k miles on it. The steering wheel came off easily with just a slight tap on the wheel with the heel of my hand after removing the nut. Including the clutch switch, it took me under an hour working very carefully and meticulously. Afterall, it's brand friggin' new. Anyway, it works like a champ and I never would've tried it without the help of this site and these pics. Anyone with a modest amount of mechanical aptitude can do this with patience and care.

THANKS! This site and you guys ROCK!

Next up, find someone in South Jersey to do paintless dent removal on the two friggin' door dings on my drivers door that Good thing I don't have the temper I once had...

Anyone know who is reputable in South Jersey that does PDR?

Thanks.

Last edited by YarisGoFar; 05-24-2010 at 09:22 PM.
YarisGoFar is offline   Reply With Quote