Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #145
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@SportsCar View Post
Spares are not used parts. At some point it will all be new, so might as well get this stuff out of the way.
I meant the old parts that you're taking off. Are you planning on pitching them? Surely you'll keep them around as spares... and wouldn't it be nice to know whether or not they are good?

But, sure, if you've got more budget than time... rock on!

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #146
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren View Post
I meant the old parts that you're taking off. Are you planning on pitching them? Surely you'll keep them around as spares... and wouldn't it be nice to know whether or not they are good?

But, sure, if you've got more budget than time... rock on!
Most of the time its more time than budget, but we already missed one race, so we will do everything we have to make the next. I am not a fan of keeping old parts as spares - you took them out for a reason. Once I know what parts a car uses I always try to keep new ones. For the RX-8 it is coils, plugs and a fuel pump. For the Corvette it was a rear hub and a gas pedal. As long as I had the parts on hand I never needed them at a race.

Looks like we are going to try and get some dyno time before the race, that will be our only chance to beat it up and see if the problem returns.

It will also be good to know if this Camcon unit is tuned safe, or if we should just leave it off. A better ECU setup will come later.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #147
Jason@SportsCar

Wife pulled off second in breed at Westminster. Good, but not what she wanted.

http://video.usanetwork.com/features...group/v1202192
Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 AM   #148
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Test day pics:

Great pics sir, keep up the good work!

And please continue to share your updates with us. I certainly do enjoy reading them.

Thanks again!

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #149
Jason@SportsCar

It is a very rare day when I don't love my job... But some days it just gets better. Hearing of our small stumble, we have been invited to bring the Yaris to the Toyota tech center for a once over and any help needed to get it in tip top shape for the upcoming race.

Having access to all of the proper diagnostic tools, and the guys who can fix these cars in their sleep. Priceless.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #150
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
^ VERY NICE! I wonder if I can make my yaris look like yours before YOU take yours in...
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #151
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
^ VERY NICE! I wonder if I can make my yaris look like yours before YOU take yours in...
You would first have to find the place. When we picked up the Yaris, at a different location, we were sure we had the wrong place. You could walk right up to the door of some of these places and not even know you are there, just looks like any old warehouse with an empty parking lot. Sneaky.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #152
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
It is a very rare day when I don't love my job... But some days it just gets better. Hearing of our small stumble, we have been invited to bring the Yaris to the Toyota tech center for a once over and any help needed to get it in tip top shape for the upcoming race.

Having access to all of the proper diagnostic tools, and the guys who can fix these cars in their sleep. Priceless.
Are you referring to Toyota USA head office (TMC) in Torrance?

P.S. I used to work for Toyota Canada technical training, so I'm not a noob to diagnosing a toyota either. So hopefully it just a wiring problem messing with signal, or just the fact that you ran the tank dry.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #153
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
Are you referring to Toyota USA head office (TMC) in Torrance?

P.S. I used to work for Toyota Canada technical training, so I'm not a noob to diagnosing a toyota either. So hopefully it just a wiring problem messing with signal, or just the fact that you ran the tank dry.
Toyota has a lot of buildings stretched over a few square miles of Torrance.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #154
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Toyota has a lot of buildings stretched over a few square miles of Torrance.
o.k......
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #155
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
they sure do, and Rado's World Racing is right there too.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #156
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Nice transformation so far! Coming along nicely

You should Auto-X with us sometime

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #157
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Quote:
Most of the time its more time than budget, but we already missed one race, so we will do everything we have to make the next. I am not a fan of keeping old parts as spares - you took them out for a reason. Once I know what parts a car uses I always try to keep new ones. For the RX-8 it is coils, plugs and a fuel pump. For the Corvette it was a rear hub and a gas pedal. As long as I had the parts on hand I never needed them at a race.

Looks like we are going to try and get some dyno time before the race, that will be our only chance to beat it up and see if the problem returns.

It will also be good to know if this Camcon unit is tuned safe, or if we should just leave it off. A better ECU setup will come later.

So, would this mean that you will pitch all the used parts you've pulled? If so, I'm happy to pay shipping to get them from you.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #158
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
So, would this mean that you will pitch all the used parts you've pulled? If so, I'm happy to pay shipping to get them from you.
It would not be worth the time it took me to ship them. But thanks for the offer.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #159
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
Nice transformation so far! Coming along nicely

You should Auto-X with us sometime
Maybe I will bring it to one of the El Toro events, much closer to home, and a way better site than Fontucky.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #160
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
It would not be worth the time it took me to ship them. But thanks for the offer.
wow, i wish i was THAT cool
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #161
Jason@SportsCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngrsll View Post
wow, i wish i was THAT cool
More power to you if you have time to do stuff for free. I have no interest in using my limited spare time to box and ship parts for zero return.

I already did it once, but that was a unique situation, I sent the Tein door panels to someone who paid for shipping. But to waste my time and someone else's money to ship used (questionable condition) expendable parts, that is just stupid.

However, if someone local wanted the parts - or to be the "good guy" and pick them up and ship them to another party - maybe we could work something out.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #162
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
More power to you if you have time to do stuff for free. I have no interest in using my limited spare time to box and ship parts for zero return.

I already did it once, but that was a unique situation, I sent the Tein door panels to someone who paid for shipping. But to waste my time and someone else's money to ship used (questionable condition) expendable parts, that is just stupid.

However, if someone local wanted the parts - or to be the "good guy" and pick them up and ship them to another party - maybe we could work something out.
i am by no means an expert or professional in racing, but it is a hobby that i have huge passion for. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without a lot of FREE help from good people, and when i get the occasional chance to give back and help someone out, i try to do it. So comments like that get under my skin. If you don't have time, i totally understand, but i think you can decline to help with a little more courtesy.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote