Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Exhaust tips Sedan Liftback

Are there two different part numbers and styles for sedan and liftback? Sedan model shipped for my hatchback model shows a bent tailpipe in the instructions. My liftback clearly has a straight pipe out of the muffler. The exhaust tip is angled...
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Someone here posted almost the same thing.. they were sent a sedan TRD tip for their Liftback.. fit was fine, and actually looked better on the LB! Not sure it was an "angled" tip though.

Tom, can you post a pic of which tip you have?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Did you order from sparks by any chance?

I had the same problem with the tip that arrived last Friday for mine. I emailed Ken and he acknowledged that there was a screw up with the part number on their website. He is shipping a replacement tip to me with a return shipping label for the incorrect part.

Sometimes you get a better idea of what kind of outfit you're dealing with when things don't go so smoothly.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:02 AM   #4
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
Did you order from sparks by any chance?

I had the same problem with the tip that arrived last Friday for mine. I emailed Ken and he acknowledged that there was a screw up with the part number on their website. He is shipping a replacement tip to me with a return shipping label for the incorrect part.

Sometimes you get a better idea of what kind of outfit you're dealing with when things don't go so smoothly.

Yes I did and I posted the question after I emailed Ken.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:46 AM   #5
Violin

Here's what I got:

Old 08-09-2006, 07:34 AM   #6
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Here's what I got:

Same here!! Ken responded, but I am a little more than dissapointed. My order took 2 weeks from order to delivery of wrong tip. Good prices and communication but darn slow shipping from my view.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #7
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
it was me.. i got it from sparks and I got the bent tip not the str8 tip.. I emailed them and they never responded....I got mine weeks ago...they just ignored me... so I have started to buy my other parts eles where... the only thing that worries me is how close it sits to the bumper there is anbout 10mm but I check ir all time to make sure its not getting to hot...
heres the pic of it on....

Before:

After

PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Here's what I got:
Want to sell it, or are you getting the correct replacement?

I actually like the way it looks on Pixies car, so if interested, please PM me.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #9
tomjasz
Banned

The Sedan model has either an upward or downward pitch when installed on the LB. It doesn't look as good as in the posted pictures IMO.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz
The Sedan model has either an upward or downward pitch when installed on the LB. It doesn't look as good as in the posted pictures IMO.
It appears to be an upward pitch in Pixies post. A great place for moisture to collect.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #11
Violin

I assume I'm getting the correct part Chris. Ken said he was sending it yesterday. If not then yes, I'd be willing to sell it at cost though I'm not sure you'd like it.

BTW - where in NJ are you? I'm in East Brunswick.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #12
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:

BTW - where in NJ are you? I'm in East Brunswick.
Toms River, but work up in Linden.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #13
PixieDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz
The picute to me is exactly what it looks like in person on my car...my pictures are true to life...you have to work it on there a little to make sure the placement in correct and even.. but i also have it siting a little inset of the bumper to insure no rain gets in it.. and it does leave the 10mm gap the instrustion advises you to have between the bumper and the tip... i guess its what ever you like.. I wanted the other tip. but as stated sparks never wrote me back .. and I had it already installed so I am sure they wouldnt exchange it...

I might change it out one day,but it works for now.. better than what was there before lol ... I have had it on the car since umm I dont know ..mid july and no problems..

I will take a side picture for you guys so you can see how it looks that way since its the only pic I don't have of it...
Old 08-10-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
Sparks Toyota-TRD

Drives: Toyota/Scion
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDawn
The picute to me is exactly what it looks like in person on my car...my pictures are true to life...you have to work it on there a little to make sure the placement in correct and even.. but i also have it siting a little inset of the bumper to insure no rain gets in it.. and it does leave the 10mm gap the instrustion advises you to have between the bumper and the tip... i guess its what ever you like.. I wanted the other tip. but as stated sparks never wrote me back .. and I had it already installed so I am sure they wouldnt exchange it...

I might change it out one day,but it works for now.. better than what was there before lol ... I have had it on the car since umm I dont know ..mid july and no problems..

I will take a side picture for you guys so you can see how it looks that way since its the only pic I don't have of it...
Hi Pixie,

I have to apologize for our lack of response to you. As far as we can tell, the email did not reach us or we just fell on our faces. We always try to respond to everyone and no one is ever obligated to keep a part that's incorrect. We did have a site problem with the part number and a slight backorder problem from the factory originally, but all of that is worked out now. I would be happy to take back your original part for a full refund or swap it out for the correct one at our expense. Please let me know what you'd like to do and we'll do our best to help. You can best reach me at ken@sparkstoyota.com or on our toll free line at 866 249-3607 from 9-5 M-F EDT

Ken
Sparks Toyota-TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:53 AM   #15
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Now thats service!

Ken's good people folks, as well as a supporting vendor here, let him make right on the deal.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #16
Sparks Toyota-TRD

Drives: Toyota/Scion
Exhaust Tip

Thank you very much for the support. It turns out that Dawn did send an email about her problem and we just missed it. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Sorry about that Dawn.

I have the 3 correct tips here on my desk and at least 2 of them will be leaving today on Next Day Air. We'll also ship one to Dawn if she decides she wants it.

Ken
www.trdsparks.com
Sparks Toyota-TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #17
PixieDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks Toyota-TRD
Thank you very much for the support. It turns out that Dawn did send an email about her problem and we just missed it. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Sorry about that Dawn.

I have the 3 correct tips here on my desk and at least 2 of them will be leaving today on Next Day Air. We'll also ship one to Dawn if she decides she wants it.

Ken
www.trdsparks.com
Thanks Ken for you that :)... I will email you when I get home from work :)

:) I understand oversights .. I just thought I was being goofy lol .. I got mine when no one else had .. and I dont know much about cars.. so I just brushed it off to I was wrong lol ...
Old 08-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #18
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks Toyota-TRD

Ken
www.trdsparks.com
I'm sold! Ken shipped my replacement OVERNIGHT before getting the mistake shipped back!!! !!!! Great service at a cost to them. They've more than earned my business. I'm shopping for my 05 camry as soon as I post this!!! IT DOESN"T GET BETTER THAN A RESPONSIBLE SPONSOR LIKE THIS. (and I'm a cranky old fart!!!)