Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
Air Conditioning Problem

Has anyone had a problem with their air conditioning at all? The other day I went to my car after getting off work and because the morning weas cool, it was on the defroster mode when i turned the car on. When I tried to switch it from defroster to normal vents it didnt sound like it switched over but i had assumed it did. Later on in the day i got back in the car, noticed a little different noise and went to turn the airconditioning up and all of a sudden i got this almost high rpm motor noise, like the shaft was spinning super fast because it lost its fan blade or a pump thats suppose to be submerged in fluid but you pull it out into air.... thats the difference in sound.

Has anyone experienced anything like that?

I am going to take it into the dealership but am curious how they are going to look at it with the aftermarket stereo installed... any tips with the stereo before i take it in?
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
huh strange.. i don't remember anything like that with my car. Not sure about the aftermarket stuff but other members here know their stuff so i'll wait for them to answer. But that's strange.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Is it perhaps just the blower motor making a weird noise, and does the noise change somewhat with fan speed?

Do you have an A/C cabin filter installed? I'm just guessing here... because I had a high pitched whine from my blower motor once, and I discovered that something had been sucked into it because I had no filter.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #4
07typeS

the noise does change when i turn the fan control up (1,2,3 and whatnot).... my car has been real messy and i do have a lot of loose things laying around....

I dont have a cabin filter installed....

Even though I dont think this is the issue, it is definately something I am going to check out. When you had your problem, where did you find your blockage was?

And if you have any ideas about the stereo part of the question id appreciate it...

Thanks for the response
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #5
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I found that something in my glove box (a gas receipt) had been sucked into the blower.
I removed the glove box and was able to easily remove it from the blower. Check it out.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
07typeS

hmmm ill check it out.... thanks kimona i appreciate it
Old 09-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #7
07typeS

Man that was the craziest thing. You were absolutely right. I was driving home, sitting in traffic and figured what the hell let me pop off the glove box real fast and see if anythings there....

sure as crap i see a ralphs grocery bag hanging onto it, it was completely wrapped around the inlet. Pulled it off and boy did that AC come flying at me haha...

Thanks man your a life saver
Old 09-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
NOW get yer self a a/c filter & that will not happen agin!
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Old 09-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #10
07typeS

yea seriously....or just dont stick a damn grocery bag in the glove box lol
Old 09-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #11
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
hope you have a warranty
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #12
07typeS

What would I need the warranty for?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
cerenatee
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris with Automat
Talking Thanks!

Thanks for this post. I heard a sound like something dropped and then all of a sudden my AC started making this high pitched nose, like a vacuum cleaner when the canister needs to be dumped. Since it's 95 degrees right now, I was going to the Toyota dealership as soon as I could. While waiting for my son, I did a quick search on the noise and found this post. It was dead on. I removed my glove compartment and their was a ton of papers blocking the AC. I just removed everything and it's working fine now.

Thanks everyone!
cerenatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:58 PM   #14
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Just had the same problem, clicking and whining. Turned out to be leaves in the blower. Went under the dash on the passenger side, dropped the blower and cleaned everything out. Quiet as a church mouse now!

Cheers! M2