Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2017, 02:43 AM   #1
Yapyzzer

Drives: 2004 Echo 3rd
Been a while. Need help

Haven't posted here in a while but I check in once every few weeks to see what''s going on.

After two long years of constant failure of trying to make things work,I have officially turboed my echo with a td04 out of an imprezza.Car run's good,still need to do some tuning but my issue here is that the factory clutch isn't holding up. It pretty much spins freely and it''s driving me up the wall, due to the fact that I am going for my last level of apprenticeship, I can't afford a stage 2 clutch, has anhone on here used an oe replacement such as exedy and had it worked on their turbo setup? I Just don't wanna waste money so a bit of input would be nice.

What do yall recommend?

The turbo setup is td04 14g at 6lbs any help would be greatly apriciated!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Not sure if this is much help but on my brother's Integra we ran an exedy clutch during his early turbo setup and it slipped quite a bit; this was on about 10lbs. After that we switch to an ACT stage 2 if I remember correctly (this was back in the early 2000s, memory is a bit fuzzy) and it outlasted the motor. I know this is like apples to oranges but I would say the exedy will likely behave the same on your Yaris.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
Yapyzzer

Drives: 2004 Echo 3rd
It's not so much that I want to go to an exedy clutch , i'm just wondering if I would be okay with a 'stage 1" clutch or OE replacement rather than a stage 2 and up.

My current clutch is from the factory with 232,000km on it so it makes sence that it slips, I just want to know whether or not I should wait it out, not drive the car and get a stage 2 next year or bite the bullet on a clutch half the price but possibly have the same issues.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #4
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Sorry I meant to say a Stage 1 Exedy in my brother's Integra. I personally would hold out for a Stage 2, don't think you would need much more than that. I have a stage 1 in my Yaris and it really doesn't grab much harder than stock.
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
Tebypoeno

Drives: Man
Been a while Need help

I just been outside and measured.. i make it 5 inches diameter .. thats not great news for me , trying spin that sc14 blower
Tebypoeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
I run an OEM 2zz clutch. Only slightly more pedal effort. Also turboed.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote