Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Got hit from behind at Stop sign...

After just two TWO!!! hours installing the UR 23mm sway bar and feeling all happy about going to bowling with friends, some idiot rear ends me at a stop sign....

Video of incident to follow..
My back hurts now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V41HW4ooGFA for video, i made it longer to get you thinking when it will happen.

Photos:

2/8 Update, got a few qoutes from bodyshops, after seeing the hatch opened...to my dismay theres a lot of work that i cant do, not just replace the bumper cover, the area where the hatch latches onto the car (car side) is bent, im gonna let body shop take care of the work, not worth it on a 9 month old car to not fix everything. Gotta wait for insurance to send a person out to do estimate at body shop.

2/24 Car in the shop, got estimate from other guy's insurance: Esurance. was for $1,700 on a visual inspection no take off. Shop needed more money to replace MORE things, damage was worse than i thought, not just not being able to close the hatch. Something about my rear frame, and for some reason insurance lady told me headlight...i think she meant tail light but ironically if she meant headlight i need the change, i messed up the reflector a little bit. So i think final bill would be like $2,500. Now i have to wait, im driving my first car, a '91 corolla station wagon. Notes: the suspension on this STOCK wagon is better than the Stock yaris...

3/4 Picked up car. Final Cost of repairs came out to a whopping $4116.24 OMG.

I am gonna pushed them to replace my other tail light, they replaced one but the other is obviously push in at the bottom (gaps arent uniform) and they need to order 2 bumper clips... Least i got my car back, and i will continue to make them make the insurance company pay for repairs till i am satisfied with the condition of a 9 month old car. Also i noticed that the hatch handle pops in and out (body panel flexs), i dont believe this was the case before crash.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274

Last edited by ezhacker1; 03-04-2010 at 06:29 PM.
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote