Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #451
andres3165

Drives: Yaris to be
Great selection of cars in STF for Dixie !!!

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...CE7A8526D5179D

Andres
andres3165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #452
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
yea man. Ft Lauderdale.. long drive.

I just got back from East Tenn Region yesterday. I did ok.. It was one crazy course.. divided into 2 sections and we only got 4 runs.. which sucked.. Was alot of DNF's. I had 2 and luckily my best run was a clean run. Was at a college and was divided into 2 sections because of the way the parking lot is set up. Was fun. but very complex. I don't know my overall PAX time but I was running with my aftermaket front and rear bumper, so Had some weight on me.

it was fun but wish I had at least 1 more run. They way it looked from the cabin was confusing.... I feel this is how it will be at regionals.. this will be my first regional event this weekend. excited
Old 03-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #453
ilikerice

Huh.. I thought Buck and Amy were coming in thier yaris for SMF... guess not.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #454
andres3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
yea man. Ft Lauderdale.. long drive.

I just got back from East Tenn Region yesterday. I did ok.. It was one crazy course.. divided into 2 sections and we only got 4 runs.. which sucked.. Was alot of DNF's. I had 2 and luckily my best run was a clean run. Was at a college and was divided into 2 sections because of the way the parking lot is set up. Was fun. but very complex. I don't know my overall PAX time but I was running with my aftermaket front and rear bumper, so Had some weight on me.

it was fun but wish I had at least 1 more run. They way it looked from the cabin was confusing.... I feel this is how it will be at regionals.. this will be my first regional event this weekend. excited
Didn't you come close to Joe Austin? He is super fast ! Great driving

Andres
Old 03-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #455
ilikerice

yea, by .125 of a sec.

They only thing about that is, he pulled it off in his first run.. I had to do it on my 5th run... So he is fast and he can pull it of within 3 runs, which I am sure he is used to, going to a bunch of national events through out the states.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #456
andres3165

Found this, kind of cool :

https://www.facebook.com/SCCASoloSTF#!/SCCASoloSTF

Andres
Old 03-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #457
andres3165

So if I were to buy a ideal yaris to prep for STF, would the new 2014 L 3 door M/T be the best option?

If not which one?

Thanks

Andres
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #458
ilikerice

per numbers.. I would say yes.

its only 2 pounds lighter. 2 inches shorter. about 1 inch longer. more aero dynamic front... according to those numbers, it is better.. not by much though..

Same suspension, same motor.... If I could trade out my yaris for the new one, I would. But I have already molested mine, so its mine to keep forever
Old 03-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #459
ilikerice

If you do go with the 3rd gen yaris, get the SE... look for rear disc instead of the drums.. not that its that much better, but it looks better, lol
Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #460
andres3165

Quote:
If you do go with the 3rd gen yaris, get the SE... look for rear disc instead of the drums.. not that its that much better, but it looks better, lol
Thanks , see you in a few days

Andres
Old 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #461
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
The SE also has a quicker steering ratio.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #462
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Ideally the best car is Yaris sedan.

Its several inches shorter in height so the CG is lower and the frontal area is lower, its 2 inches longer and it weights a few lbs less. You also have the smaller front swaybar so inside spin isn't as much of a problem.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #463
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
Ideally the best car is Yaris sedan.

Its several inches shorter in height so the CG is lower and the frontal area is lower, its 2 inches longer and it weights a few lbs less. You also have the smaller front swaybar so inside spin isn't as much of a problem.
Agree. One day I would love to build an H Prod sedan, just need to find a cheap donor chassis.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #464
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Derrick, say hi to Scott for me, had some awesome battles with that guy back in CA.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:02 AM   #465
ilikerice

Scott was cool. saturday was close battle for 4th for me and him. I blame the lack of coffee and sleep Sunday was a bit more tough, Running the couse backwards definitely favored other cars more so than the day before.

I left saturday morning at 245am and got there at 630. I didn't calculate gas so I ended up running with a little more than half a tank of gas in the car. Silly me. There was NO open gas stations after I got off the interstate so Coffee was out of the question. When I got there it was pitch black, so I had to swap tires, check in, and get teched within an hour. Walked the course a few times. I ran 2nd heat and worked 5th.

All in all it was fun. I will post up pictures and results, I came in 5th out of 14 in STF.. Was fun. Will be doing this again and again and again.

Scott said he was moving back to San Diego here soon.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #466
ilikerice

I was almost disqualified on day 1. I was taking a nap during heat 3 and assumed that I would be up with in an hour. Apparently I slept much longer than I wanted. luckily I told some guys from my region that I was taking a nap so when they were calling my name for worker check in for heat 5, they ran over to wake me up.. That was a close one.

Here are the results, just click on the class you wanna see
http://sololive.scca.com/

Andres.. stick with the mazda2.. It is set up very well. Keep me posted on your results with the Ice Bag
Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #467
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Congrats on the trophy finish.

Scott is registered for the California events so I'll probably see him next month.

We have another Yaris that's going to register for the Pro and National next month. He managed to put another whopping on me this weekend also. Since I didn't do very well this weekend, I decided to take 2 of my runs that were within a 10th of each other and put them side by side, just to get a nice visual representation of how much a single mistake can cost you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA-hTu0O60A
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 PM   #468
andres3165

You guys were awesome, had a blast, nice to meet you .... going to Blytheville

Andres