Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #19
Mr.Yaris

Drives: 2007 "Flint Mica" S-Type
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
Too bad it's American. All that work and money and it will only be good for a measly 60,000 miles or so, dropping fluids and burning through an alarming amount of gas until that time.

All so one man can compensate.

What a shame.
Wow, that's one of the most arrogant and ignorant (not to mention STUPID) comments I've found on this board so far. Congratulations on sounding like a moron, with your "holier-than-thou" attitude.

Just because you're too pathetically poor to afford driving something with REAL POWER, doesn't mean you're justified in bashing on people who own REAL PERFORMANCE VEHICLES.

My wife and I have a 1993 Camaro Z28 and a 1998 Trans Am (like the one in this thread). Both cars have QUADRUPLE the horsepower that your almighty Yaris is cranking out, and both get good gas mileage for their power output. I haven't measured my mileage lately (because my Camaro has been retired to "weekend toy" once I bought my Yaris), but it's in the low 20's on the highway (God bless the T-56 six-speed tranmission), and I know for a fact, my wife's Trans Am gets as good as 30mpg on the highway. Burning an alarming amount of gas? Ha! As if! The dropping fluids comment is a joke as well. Way to stereotype something you know nothing about. My 93 Camaro (a 14-year old car) has about 146k miles, no loss of compression, runs like new, and has ZERO LEAKS. My wife's car, a 98 Trans Am,has 116k miles and also has ZERO LEAKS. Both cars are at DOUBLE the miles you claim they "drop fluid" at...what do you have to say about that?

As for compensating for something, maybe YOU would think that. I'm not trying to bash you too hard here, but I own an "American" muscle car, and I'm not "compensating" for anything...my wife will confirm that one. As for my wife, please, tell me, how in the hell is SHE compensating?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #20
Mr.Yaris

Hey, Toyotech, mucho kudos to your bro...THAT CAR IS SEX!!! My wife and I love F-bodies (Camaros & Firebirds for those of you who don't know), so much in fact that we own one of each (her T/A looks like your bro's, only her's is white). I can tell you, I am envious of your bro. I've only got to major mods left that I wanna do with my Camaro, the first being building the shortblock with forged internals, and the other is slapping a big turbo on there and cranking 10-15psi+ of boost. My wife and I both agree, there's nothing hotter than blending the roaring exhaust note of a well-built V8 with the "jet engine-like" scream of a turbocharger...
Old 06-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #21
Toyotech
Your Toyota Technician

Drives: 06 Cobalt SS/SC, 06 Rolla S
Send a message via AIM to Toyotech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Yaris View Post
Wait, it has a Ford 9" (a proven, extremely durable rear axle assembly), and you're telling me you don't know what's been done to the rear yet? BTW, a Ford 9", if set up correctly, can handle a measly 800+whp without any problems...

Also, you're worried about traction? Any car will get traction, with the right tires and suspension setup. A car that can't get traction is driven by an amateur or the suspension isn't set up right...
i know that the 9" is very durable...know all about the dana's, 8.8's...7.5's and so on, but i don't know where the rear came from and what has been done besides and ring gear set...don't know if it was used for a previous track car....aka i see it hold on the dyno and thats it so far. i haven't talked to the owner about it, only my brother.

was sarcasm...i know the car will get traction. its more geared to him as the driver... through two transmissions before the clutch failed, a box of crush pushrods...

when the final numbers come through i'll be posting it up up ls1.com and the f-body forums. at first i wondered with him doing a squires set-up with the rear mount turbo system... but now after seeing the set-up in person and on the dyno. im pretty impressed...
Toyotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #22
Mr.Yaris

Any plans to see what it does in the 1/4 mile? :)
Old 06-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #23
Toyotech
Your Toyota Technician

Quote:
Any plans to see what it does in the 1/4 mile? :)

yea, but without the cage... lol, i guess wait for a track rental day and hopefully get a good run. he has ordered a set of hoosiers for it so we shall see... even if he runs low boost on the hoosiers he should be able to get a good run. i can't wait to see a trap speed
Old 06-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #24
Mr.Yaris

Well, he could run it now, but he'd only get one run in before they'd kick him off the track (for the day), so he'd have to make that one run count... ;)
Old 06-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #25
Toyotech
Your Toyota Technician

Quote:
Well, he could run it now, but he'd only get one run in before they'd kick him off the track (for the day), so he'd have to make that one run count... ;)
exactly...lol