Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
How do you sign your credit car slips?

got this off of my local car forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
From http://www.drunkrepublic.com

Over the past 6 months, I have been playing a fun game with my credit card company. The game finally backfired on me today and led me through the most hilarious moment of my life. Most people would have been embarrassed, but me, I'm a little twisted, so I laughed all the way through it like an asshole.

With any story, there is a setup process. Here is the setup to this story. About 6 months ago, I was making a purchase with my credit card and when I went to sign the electronic signature machine, it was broken. By broken, I mean that when I touched the pen to the machine, it went crazy and didn't look anything like my signature. It looked like a drunk 4 year old signed my name for me. It accepted the signature without any problems. So this really made me wonder what I could do to give my credit card company something to laugh about. I mean, they obviously don't review the signatures since they never called me or declined a purchase. For fucks sake, it could have been a stolen card.

I started out modest by signing with a line or an "X". Occasionally I would do last name first. After a couple of months, I became bolder. I wrote goofy shit, drew pictures, etc. Here's a list of some of my favorite signatures over the past few months:

I AM NOT ZEB
I STOLE THIS
FUCK OFF
FUCK YOU
WALMART SUCKS
CALL ME
CROTCHY CROTCHINGTON
MY BALLS ITCH
I'M A CRIMINAL
THANKS FOR THE STUFF

Today I went the extra mile. When it came time to sign my name, a thought popped in my head. I should draw a picture. But what picture should I draw? I smirked as something completely juvenile came to me. This is a rough drawing of the signature that I provided:

Yes, I know, it's not my best artwork, but I didn't have the time to be elaborate with the drawing. I had to look like I was providing a signature. Right after I hit "OK", there was a pause. The register then said "COMPARE SIGNATURE ON SLIP TO CARD." One thought popped in my head: "OH FUCK!" It then printed the receipt and there in black and white was my shitty drawing of cock and balls. The lady at the register didn't immediately look at it. She asked for the card. I handed her the card and she flipped it over. Then she brought up the receipt and she smirked, but then took a stern tone and said "These signatures don't match."

At this point I was in tears from trying to hold back my laughter. I tried to explain to her why I had done it, but it didn't matter. I probably didn't make sense as I laughed hysterically through the explanation. She then paged the manager and I erupted in laughter. The guy behind me in line got a glimpse of my signature on the receipt and began laughing. The manager comes up and the woman from the register begins whispering to him. I then hear a few words "he drew a penis..." as she holds up the receipt. The manager blurts out a short laugh and then controls it. He turns to me and I'm out of breath from laughing and I'm still giggling like a schoolgirl.

Manager: Sir, your signature...heh...umm...doesn't match the signature on your card.
Zeb: I know and there is a good reason for that.
Manager: (quietly) You drew a penis on my credit card machine.
**The guy behind me bursts into laughter.**
Zeb: Yeah, I didn't think this would happen. I've been trying to see how far I could go with my signature before the credit card company did something about it.
Manager: I guess you learned your lesson.
Zeb: Yeah, the credit card doesn't accept penis.
**The guy behind me now can't stop laughing.**
Manager: OK, I'm going to decline the signature and have you sign it again.
Zeb: Fair enough.
Manager: This time, really sign it.

So I had to sign it again and they wouldn't let me keep my artwork. Those bastards. I had singlehandedly broken up the monotony of their daily routine and given them something that they will be talking about for years to come and they wouldn't let me keep it. They will tell their grandchildren about the guy that drew cock and balls as his credit card signature.

So I have a plan now. I'm going to get a new credit card and sign the back with my cock and balls drawing. Then I will consistently use that as the signature. That way, if I ever get caught in the same situation, the signatures will match. That will really fuck with them.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
rningonfumes

Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
lmao HAHAHAHA
Old 12-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
this made my day. LOL
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
staypuft
aka SDMF

Drives: 07 LB Met Met
Send a message via AIM to staypuft
well my sig rubbed off my card, ill try something like that and see if it werks

follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/samuryan_x
staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
On some registers, the clerk can see your electronic signature as your scribble it. That would have been fun to see.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #6
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
haha hilarious!
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:23 AM   #7
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
A friend of mine when we went to the bars would sign his with names like Chuck Steak and Biff Webster and I believe he signed one THIS IS NOT MY NAME.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:05 AM   #8
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Funny stuff
Old 12-25-2008, 05:36 AM   #9
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
(=

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
I used to do stuff like that, make up names and sign like "who cares".

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I laughed so hard when I read this.... I thought I was going to pee myself
Old 12-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
hilarious
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #13
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
lmao I do that all the time...that sig verification is a joke and a waste of time...

so much so I use the chip in the card anymore so I don't have to sign but when I do I just scribble up and down a few times...

the last time I did it I colored in nearly the entire electronic pad on a self service register....the clerk had to come over and she didn't even ask for ID!!! she just entered her info and such and gave me the receipt.....

hell most places I ask if they want to see my ID or my card and alot of them say no so fuck it....

Last edited by Shroomster; 12-25-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:00 AM   #14
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
I usually just sign my name but when I worked at a retail store back in the day a lot of people on the credit card machines would sign by coloring in the whole box. It was annoying cause it took forever for them to finish.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:09 AM   #15
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Holy crap, the spaghetti I'm eating just came out of my nose. That's just too funny!
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #16
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
I sign mine as :

Harry P. Ness
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #17
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
this was great
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #18
nypunk
I don't wana be new again

Drives: 07 Flint Mica Sedan
lol i used to do that to the ups & fed ex guys ... used to do ones like mickey mouse and other fictional characters