Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
mastaofdisasta

Drives: yaris
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

found that interesting, maybe good for those that want to say they have NOS while still being semi safe. Anyone know if you can run that with the stock mani, and go thru ur CAI?
Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaofdisasta View Post
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

found that interesting, maybe good for those that want to say they have NOS while still being semi safe. Anyone know if you can run that with the stock mani, and go thru ur CAI?
Is this only for carburetor applications? This is somewhat more practical than a turbo kit lol

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaofdisasta View Post
Anyone know if you can run that with the stock mani, and go thru ur CAI?
i noticed no one answered ur question so i will.

i had an interesting conversation with a guy who had a cobalt at a car show last spring. this was around the time when the intake mani was first introduced. so i was telling him about that and then the conversation moved to nos. his intake manifold was plastic like ours also, and he said that a lot of cobalt guys that run nitrous have destroyed their engines and or manifold due to the nitrous collecting at the bottom of the manifold and igniting. he had a name for this thing that happens but i forgot it.

moral of the story is nitrous with the stock intake manifold would not be a good idea. i think small shots may be fine and proper use of the kit should cause no damage.

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
now someone answer this

would i be able to do a wet nos kit on the intake manifold of the blitz supercharger?

whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
You can run a wet system with your supercharger. The nozzle should be positioned before the throttle body and the nitrous will help lower the inlet charge temperature. Basically it will act as an intercooler. Use of nitrous with a composite intake is fine as long as you don't experience a back fire (usually excessive rich or lean mixture). The backfire can damage composite intakes (ask the LS1 guys), but runing nitrous itself will not damage intake manifolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooppee777 View Post
now someone answer this

would i be able to do a wet nos kit on the intake manifold of the blitz supercharger?
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 AM   #6
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Here is what can happen to an intake manifold when a nitrous backfire occurs. This Mustang has a cast alumnium manifold.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...t-shot_777.htm
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote