Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
4odh4n

Drives: 2001 Yaris 1.0l
2001 Yaris flashing hazards when ignition off!!!?!

hi all, first time poster, but am hoping you guys can help, as i am at al loss!!

i have a 2001 yaris since new and it has never given a days bother... until now! I came out one morning last week and the car battery was as dead as a nail, I got the car started with jump leads, no problem, left the car running a while to charge up the battery and all seemed fine, then when i turned the car off the hazard lights starting flashing!!... basically with the ignition switched off the hazard lights flash, doesnt matter if the key is in the ignition or out, car is locked or open, just once the car is switched off they start flashing! the car will still lock and open as normal, and from what i can see the 'security' light on the dash flashes normally too. (there is no alarm fitted to the car, only imobilizer)

once started, or even 'switched on' the hazards stop flashing and everything works perfect, including indicators, hazards (when the button is pressed) etc!

it started doing this after the car came back from a valet, i assume it started during the night and flattened the battery, as i have had no problems with the battery before this. I only got the outside valeted so no water near switches inside or anything.

what are the chance the jump start has fried the flasher relay?, or could there be damage done somewhere else?? The car has been jump started on may occasions before with no problems

I am going to hopefully get my hands on a relay today somewhere and try replacing that, is there anything else i should look at??

tia!
4odh4n is offline   Reply With Quote