Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #1
TYaris2010

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Weathertec Floorliner fit question- drivers side 2010 Yaris Sedan

Picked up a 2010 Yaris Sedan (4 doors), ended up buying the Weathertec Floorliners ($92 for fronts on Amazon, $82 for the rears on Amazon).

I am wondering about the fit on the drivers side. Mainly by the gas tank and trunk release button- see photos.

Are yours like this too? theres a little 'gap' on the side and it doesn't fit quite snug around the release levers and up against the sidewall.

I wouldn't care but for nearly $100 for the front pair, one expects rather a perfect fit?

The Weathertec box clearly states "for 2007-11 Yaris" so I'm doubting its the wrong part.
Is this just how they fit there?

Thoughts welcome.

TYaris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #2
TYaris2010

Heres another pic of the drivers side. You can see how the floorliner is not flush with the outside of the drivers side floor. Is this normal?

I did email Weathertec cust service asking (sent photos) but wondered what other folks here see with their mats.

Last edited by TYaris2010; 03-17-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
giusepi

Drives: 2007 2dr LB
I don't have this particular car, but all of my Weathertec stuff has always fit better than those pictures look.

Update us when they get back to you!
giusepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:07 AM   #4
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Its normal.. I bought a set also and emailed them that this is a design flaw as in the winter with snow I carry into the car in the winter and once it melts, the water rolls overs that area and defeats the purpose of the matt...
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I went with the 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats and seeing this, am even more happy I did. I love Weathertech as a company and have their in-channel window visors but I felt like the design of the floor mats are too utilitarian. Good for a truck but not as much for passenger cars. Had I went with the Weathertech's, that flaw would have tapped right into my OCD nerve and driven me crazy.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #6
TYaris2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Its normal.. I bought a set also and emailed them that this is a design flaw as in the winter with snow I carry into the car in the winter and once it melts, the water rolls overs that area and defeats the purpose of the matt...
Thanks. So its not just me.

Yea, Weathertec emailed back but no real resolution. Guy said to remove them from car, put weighted objects on it here and there to make it fit....doesn't matter, that won't change the issue.

For what one pays, its a huge drawback.

Passenger side fits great, drivers side, not so much which leaves me wondering why folks in other threads are stating these are the next best thing to sliced bread! lol
Old 03-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #7
TYaris2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by giusepi View Post
I don't have this particular car, but all of my Weathertec stuff has always fit better than those pictures look.

Update us when they get back to you!
post above.

my main concern is there the foot rests and rubs while driving, which is covered by the floorliner when driving. The fit around the gas release is very poor. Def a design flaw.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
TYaris2010

Here was one guys reply. Note I emailed them Saturday....didn't hear back until I resent the same email 2 more times Wednesday.

The pics he sent are just stock photos one sees on Amazon etc. he made it sound like they were from a boardroom of engineers working on the project 10 years ago.

The 'All Weather Mats' he references are just the all rubber ones that lay flat on the floor and don't cover the carpet on the sides of the drivers floor etc. You've prob seen them online.
_

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech and we sincerely apologize for the delayed response. I can see your concerns with the fit of the driver side Floor Liner on the left hand side. I’ve attached an approval photo taken by our Product Development team when they test fitted the driver side Floor Liner inside a 2010 Toyota Yaris for your to review. Our goal is always to cover as much carpet area as possible, but sometimes the coverage is limited due to the design of the floor and our molding process. While I agree the edge by the door sill could cover a little more carpet area, you can see in the approval photo the entire carpet area is not covered with this product installed. We want to leave a gap by the trunk release lever to accommodate any finger size. It makes it easier for individuals with larger fingers to release this lever when the raised edge is not flush to the mechanism. You can try to flatten out the edge beyond the trunk release lever to obtain better coverage. I don’t know if it is the angle of the photo, but the edge beyond the trunk release lever looks bent inward (possibly from the shipping process). You can manipulate the material back into shape by following the instructions below:

1. Please remove the FloorLiners from the vehicle and relocate them to a flat surface at or above room temperature.

2. Manually manipulate the walls of the FloorLiner by pushing downward and outward.

3. If necessary, place a weighted object on top of the problem area(s) to help expedite the process.

4. If deformation still exists after attempting the previous steps, please lay the FloorLiner upside down and repeat steps 2 & 3.

***For best results, leave weighted object in place for a few hours OR overnight, if possible.***

If you are still unsatisfied with the coverage after the reshaping process, you can contact the seller on Amazon to set up a return or switch to our All-Weather Mats. The All-Weather Mats are still vehicle specific to the Yaris, but are flat in design. I’ve attached an approval photo of the All-Weather Mat installed on the driver side for you to review. Thank you again for your email and please feel free to email with any comments, questions, or concerns.

Best regards,

Mike Reed
CSR

WeatherTech.com__
Old 03-24-2018, 03:21 PM   #9
TYaris2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I went with the 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats and seeing this, am even more happy I did. I love Weathertech as a company and have their in-channel window visors but I felt like the design of the floor mats are too utilitarian. Good for a truck but not as much for passenger cars. Had I went with the Weathertech's, that flaw would have tapped right into my OCD nerve and driven me crazy.
Amazon states those do not fit the 2010 Yaris Sedan? Have a link?

Edit- mustve had the wrong amazon link? any photos of yours?

specifically the front. Thanks much.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-C...toyota%3Ayaris
Old 03-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #10
TYaris2010

well, after monkeying w/ the drivers side mat to get it to fit, I thought wtf, for $200 I shouldn't have to be doing this.

sending them back.

Passenger side and rears fit great, but the only one I really needed to fit really well is the drivers.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:39 AM   #11
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Do you have some pics of your 3D Maxpider floor mats in your car? I have that saved in the cart but still hesitant on purchasing it.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #12
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYaris2010 View Post
Amazon states those do not fit the 2010 Yaris Sedan? Have a link?

Edit- mustve had the wrong amazon link? any photos of yours?

specifically the front. Thanks much.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-C...toyota%3Ayaris
I got mine here. I plugged in 2010 Yaris and it looks like it's a go. I scrolled down to the questions section on the Amazon link you posted and someone asked if they'll fit an '07 and the response was they'll fit 2007-2011. They are spectacular. Pics below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Do you have some pics of your 3D Maxpider floor mats in your car? I have that saved in the cart but still hesitant on purchasing it.
Here are some pics. Resizing them down from the original size gives the texture of the mats a pixelated look but it's not like that in person. They are slick af and fit like an absolute glove. I couldn't be happier with them. Completely leveled up the feel of my interior. I really can't praise and recommend them enough.
Attached Images

On Wheelwell
Old 03-29-2018, 01:17 AM   #13
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Thanks for the pics! Looks awesome. Did you remove the oem mats or placed it over them?

... and whose pic is in the tray?
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:48 AM   #14
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Thanks for the pics! Looks awesome. Did you remove the oem mats or placed it over them?

... and whose pic is in the tray?
After 9 years the OEM mats had enough so I took them out and replaced with these. Thinking about it, I don't think the 3D mats would fit as well if they had to go over the carpet mats. They feel like they were cut to fit snugly over the factory carpet.

As for the pic in the tray lol that's Marilyn Monroe with some funny sunglasses on. It's a Banksy style art thing that gets plastered up around the LA area by someone I have no affiliation with. None at all

On Wheelwell
Old 03-30-2018, 06:05 PM   #15
TYaris2010

Quote:
....Here are some pics.
thanks!
Old 04-22-2018, 09:15 AM   #16
TYaris2010

Quote:
so....I returned the Weathertec custom fit ones (pricey, poor drivers fit) and did order these Maxpider ones. BUT I have to say, they felt kinda cheap. and the way the sides 'curl' over it was a little confusing....the fit wasn't that great either? dunno. For the $$$$......

Anyway, I was doubting they'd hold up in a mid-west winter for any number of years so did return them.

Finally just got the basic Weathertec ones. Only issue w/ these is the drivers one is a bit short, otherwise they should work fine. Also more heavy duty then the other 2 sets I returned! (thick rubber)

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #17
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYaris2010 View Post
so....I returned the Weathertec custom fit ones (pricey, poor drivers fit) and did order these Maxpider ones. BUT I have to say, they felt kinda cheap. and the way the sides 'curl' over it was a little confusing....the fit wasn't that great either? dunno. For the $$$$......

Anyway, I was doubting they'd hold up in a mid-west winter for any number of years so did return them.

Finally just got the basic Weathertec ones. Only issue w/ these is the drivers one is a bit short, otherwise they should work fine. Also more heavy duty then the other 2 sets I returned! (thick rubber)

Thanks.
Glad it worked out!

I didn't have any fitment issues with the 3D's; as you can see from the pics they fit like a glove in my car. Mine also feel very solid. I've been kicking them around since I got them a they've been great. They're made of 3 separate layers, which give them a very rigid feel. Mine don't really bend or fold over. Either way, I'm glad you found something that works for you

On Wheelwell