Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > NY / NJ/ CT / PA
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #37
Zefoxe
¦µ¶Œ€♦åËÆ⌐š└╘○Å╝◙þ·▲

Drives: Scion xD
Send a message via AIM to Zefoxe
not everyone knows how to get to bear mountain. nvm not going

Coming 2010: Toyota iSt CK edition (CooperKiller) stay tuned
Zefoxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #38
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
me either. go figure.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #39
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
would love to go but I'll be in Delaware helping my daughter move
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 AM   #40
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefoxe View Post
I would assume the meet would be set up as follows:
Nov 15th 12 noon @ Palisades Mall

But then again im not setting it up so its up to u guys
I'm hoping it would be on the 15th (Sunday). If I can manage to get out to it, Sunday would work so much better for me! We have puppy 2nd grade on Saturdays at 11:30 and then usually take her over to a friend's house to romp around with their puppys and get her energy out.

Oh, and the puppy would be coming along for the run to Bear Mtn as well if we can go at all. Hiking on the mountain, anyone?

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #41
XYaris

Drives: '09 Yaris LB
If the weather is good and my sinus situation clears up, Im gonna be there for a hike. Seems like only the dog people are available/interested in this right now. I was thinking Sunday.

DevilGirl...PM me sometime this weekend and hopefully we can meet for a hike and the smallest yaris meet ever.
XYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #42
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
should be clear weather for sunday and the pallisades mall is a great spot unless it's easier to meet at the mountain. I live 30 min away from the mountain and 40 from the pallisades so it doesn't matter to me.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #43
DevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerFreakXXX View Post
should be clear weather for sunday and the pallisades mall is a great spot unless it's easier to meet at the mountain. I live 30 min away from the mountain and 40 from the pallisades so it doesn't matter to me.
I'm not familiar with either location... Which would be easier to get to for me? Coming from zip 18014.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

are you really gonna come up from PA? it's going to be a small meet, but the mall is probably about an hour to an ahour and a half from you. i'd mapquest it and then decide from there.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #45
XYaris

If your coming from PA, Im gonna def. feel obligated to go, which is ok. Im fine meeting either place. The multi-yaris cruise would be kinda cool from the mall to the mountain and both are equally far from me (brooklyn). Also, the Mtn is probably slightly closer to PA but if your driving that far there's not much difference.

Devil, get some google map directions and let us know your thoughts. It looks like a two hour drive to me.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #46
ASG14
Camry Owner

Drives: '96 Camry XLE 1MZ-FE
Send a message via AIM to ASG14 Send a message via MSN to ASG14
I have a Camry is no one minds me coming. Someone update the 1st post with info though.

Sunday is looking to be a clear day as of right now.
ASG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #47
DevilGirl

Quote:
are you really gonna come up from PA? it's going to be a small meet, but the mall is probably about an hour to an ahour and a half from you. i'd mapquest it and then decide from there.
Yes I'll really come up from PA. If I can convince the boyfriend to join me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYaris View Post
If your coming from PA, Im gonna def. feel obligated to go, which is ok. Im fine meeting either place. The multi-yaris cruise would be kinda cool from the mall to the mountain and both are equally far from me (brooklyn). Also, the Mtn is probably slightly closer to PA but if your driving that far there's not much difference.

Devil, get some google map directions and let us know your thoughts. It looks like a two hour drive to me.
The mall looks like a decent place to meet up at. Being not familiar with it, is there any area of their parking lot that has grass? A decent amount, not just one of those little islands between parking spaces.

I would have to agree that having a "convoy" (albeit a small one) of Yarii going up to the mountain would be pretty cool...

As far as the fact that it'd probably be about 1.5-2 hour drive each way for me, that's nothing. I do at least an hour each way for work M-F (depending on traffic and if I drive all the way instead of only driving part way and taking public trans the rest).

Timewise, noon-ish sounds pretty good. That way I'm not starting out too early with a boy and puppy in tow...

Old 11-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #48
XYaris

I edited the first post. I cant figure out how to take the map from this thread (http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthr...all+lot&page=3) but it shows where we are meeting on Sunday.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #49
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

I'm surprised only 3 people showed up for this including myself. The outcome was the same as last year except 3 people actually went up the mountain. Looking forward to seeing the pic.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #50
DevilGirl

Quote:
I'm surprised only 3 people showed up for this including myself. The outcome was the same as last year except 3 people actually went up the mountain. Looking forward to seeing the pic.
I'll hopefully get it posted tomorrow night. By the time we got home, it was already like 6ish, and I still had to run over to my dad's house to help him with something. Finally just got home a few ago, but bed calls at this hour due to work in the morning... Blah!

Hope we can get more out next year...

To anyone closer:

Get your butts in gear!! I made the drive up to the "meet"... And that was 2 hours away from me!!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:21 AM   #51
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Like I said, the spring time.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #52
XYaris

Devil, Racer, it was nice meeting you. Our silver hatch cruise up the mountain was worth the effort and it was a beautiful day. Here's hoping the next meet is "at least... 3 times bigger".
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #53
DevilGirl

A couple pictures from the "meet"...

The first is of us with our Yarii lined up. It was quite shocking... The only three that showed up also had almost the exact same Yarii...

The second pic is of the boys up on the mountain (my boyfriend is the one with the red hat, and yes, the puppy with the "saddle bags" is mine).

And the funnier part, both of the dogs that were there were named Karley (well, different spellings, but still the same name).
Attached Images