Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
newest mod!!

Hey guys well I got a package in the mail earlier today and it was two of my three newest mods. I got a set of nology hotwires (actually intended for the xa/xb but they work for the yaris). Anyways, it was a fairly quick install and all you need is a 10mm socket. The only down side to the install is that if you leave it the way nology intended then you are stuck with having to either modify the engine cover or remove it completely. I know i know this thread is worthless without pics, but my gf's camera wasn't charged so when it is I will snap some quick pics esp since I have no pics of my car aside from at zpi. Anyways when I post the pics I will do a quick write up on the install so expect that a little later on. Using the butt dyno the car definitely has some more low end torque the slight turbo lag is made much less noticeable unfortuneatly its rush hour in philly so I couldn't get past second gear to tell you how it pulls through the high rpms of 3rd. I feel this would be a good mod for the guys without a turbo as well to add after an intake and exhaust. Reason being is they have a capacitor in the wire which would help for added spark in the higher and lower rpms on a stock engine to burn the a/f mixture a little better. So until some pics can be taken you will have to just imagine what the install looks like. And after my idea on modification to the install I will show you where they will finally be installed. Just figured I'd show you guys what the install was intended to look like before I went about changing it. The wires were just under 200$, I bought them from ZPI, they come in several colors as well so you can match your engine bay if you would like.

oh and p.s. the other two mods are a twm short shifter, and the upgraded throttle body so stay tuned for the intake manifold/ throttle body upgrade.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote