Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
abbeyaris
Banned

Drives: Yaris
Fuel Filter

Ok the "search function" people lol I DID search but could not find a definitive answer on this :) Two questions:

1. How exactly does a DIYer access the Yaris Liftback fuel filter?

2. Toyota seems to think you NEVER need to change the fuel filter. How could that be? How could any filter never need changing?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Phaeton

Drives: Blazing Blue Liftback
Ok I'm going to be nice and give you a warning.
You posted alot of questions lately and they are kind of simplistic problems.
Don't be surprised if you start getting accused of being that other guy from New Orleans.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
abbeyaris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Ok I'm going to be nice and give you a warning.
You posted alot of questions lately and they are kind of simplistic problems.
Don't be surprised if you start getting accused of being that other guy from New Orleans.
Please stop with that crap. I am not him ok?? I do not see how asking about the fuel filter after searching the forum could *possibly* be wrong? Isn't this place to ask questions about the Yaris? If you know the answer could you please answer the question instead of the worn out "everyone is caveatipse" thing?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
abbeyaris
Banned

Anyone know?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
abbeyaris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
did you try the repair manual duhhhh.....
Yes. It gives a diagram, but I looked on my car and could not see how to access it. That is why I am asking here, in this *Yaris forum*. Also, I would still like to know why Toyta thinks it never needs changing.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
abbeyaris
Banned

Ok, I am going to ignore the people who are acting like that. If anyone has an answer and actually would like to discuss the Yaris, kindly pipe in. PK, I am ignoring you from now on because you have apparently sunk into mentalillness with your caveatipse obsession. To you, everyone is caveatipse. He is hiding in your bushes. He is in your bathroom. Your mother is really him. Geez dude find something productive to do.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
It's inside the fuel tank and not a user level service item.

If you are too lazy to read the manual and too lazy to look it up .......... you will never be able to complete the procedure.

This is a discussion forum not a training school for wanna be mechanics. Do you realize that mechanics have close to $40-50K wrapped up in tools and years of schooling and experience? That is to prevent idiots from doing things themselves and creating a dangerous situation.

Abbeville, LA I bet has unemployment and people who are at risk of loosing their homes to forclosure...... and you don't want to go to a local mechanic. Supporting the local economy and your neighbor is what the world is all about.

You just can't fix stupid!

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Old 02-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
abbeyaris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_VT View Post

If you are too lazy to read the manual and too lazy to look it up .......... you will never be able to complete the procedure.

This is a discussion forum not a training school for wanna be mechanics. Do you realize that mechanics have close to $40-50K wrapped up in tools and years of schooling and experience? That is to prevent idiots from doing things themselves and creating a dangerous situation.

Abbeville, LA I bet has unemployment and people who are at risk of loosing their homes to forclosure...... and you don't want to go to a local mechanic. Supporting the local economy and your neighbor is what the world is all about.

Why are you acting like that? I am asking about it precisely because I do not know about it. I did read the manual. It is not precise enough for someone like me who does not know much about mechanics, and I am not trying to "be a mechanic." Jesus. Calm down dude. I never said "I do not want to go to a local mechanic." I just wanted to find out about DIY in case it was plausible. Do you ever do anything DIY? Are you therefore "not supprting the local economy?" That is silly reasoning. By the way, 97% of the workforce in this area is employed.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
abbeyaris
Banned

If anyone has an answer without acting like that, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #10
Bob_VT

If you do not agree with me acting as an American ..... Leave.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #11
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeyaris View Post
Ok the "search function" people lol I DID search but could not find a definitive answer on this :) Two questions:

1. How exactly does a DIYer access the Yaris Liftback fuel filter?

2. Toyota seems to think you NEVER need to change the fuel filter. How could that be? How could any filter never need changing?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #12
abbeyaris
Banned

Quote:
If you do not agree with me acting as an American ..... Leave.
Oh my God. Ok Bob, Sir. Do yuo ever change your own oil? Are you therefore unamerican by doing so and not paying a mechanic twice the fee to do it? Of course not. And, even if I disagree with you, that does not mean I have to leave America. The constitution gives citizens the right to protest and disagree. They are not forced to leave if they disagree with someone.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #13
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:

Actually most mechanic training schools cost 30-45k and most mechanics have 75-100k worth of tools =)
Old 02-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
2006fronty

Drives: 2010 Mazda3 iTouring
Since the stock fuel filter is inside the tank, you should look into a inline filter if you don't think the stock one will be up to the task.
Aeromotive makes some nice ones that wouldn't seem like they would be too hard to splice into the stock lines. http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/products.php?prod=178
I'm pretty sure they're decently priced too.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
abbeyaris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006fronty View Post
Since the stock fuel filter is inside the tank, you should look into a inline filter if you don't think the stock one will be up to the task.
Aeromotive makes some nice ones that wouldn't seem like they would be too hard to splice into the stock lines. http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/products.php?prod=178
Thank you Fronty for answering me. I appreciate it. It is not that I do not trust the stock filter. I just wonder how a filter could never need changing. I am sure it is a fine filter. I trust Toyota. But I am just trying to see if it really truly never needs replacing, or if that is an economy move on Toyta's part. Thank you for calmly just answering my question. I appreciate it.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #16
Bob_VT

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
Actually most mechanic training schools cost 30-45k and most mechanics have 75-100k worth of tools =)
Yes I agree thanks for the update

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006fronty View Post
If the stock filter in the tank gets clogged then the inline filter would be moot. You would still have to access it. The Yaris ECU is very tempermental with the injection and pressurized fuel system..... adding a filter may not achieve any results except cost you money. Kind of re-inventing the wheel for a filter that should be changed at 100K miles. If you do it before the powertrain warranty is up and something goes wrong..... Toyota can turn down the coverage on the warranty.

Quote:
Oh my God. Ok Bob, Sir. Do yuo ever change your own oil? Are you therefore unamerican by doing so and not paying a mechanic twice the fee to do it? Of course not. And, even if I disagree with you, that does not mean I have to leave America. The constitution gives citizens the right to protest and disagree. They are not forced to leave if they disagree with someone.
I no longer change my own oil. I go to the Toyota dealer who does the oil change, tops off all fluids, lubricates all the hinges and locks, checks the air pressure, washes and vacuums my car for under $30. I am a former manager at the dealership and I care about all those people. Now do the math of what oil and filter cost, labor time and a complete car wash. My oil changes are done by a factory trained tech who know what to look for. He was trained in a formal school, has ongoing classes, has access to the latest tools and toyota TIS.

Now if you do not like me acting as an American ....... leave. I did not say the USA but since you suggested that...... your close to mexico and you do speak spanish right?

Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
abbeyaris
Banned

Dear Bob Sir: I am happy that you are happy with Toyota doing your service. I commend you for supporting them. I myself buy my parts from them, and have paid them lots of money for certain services, including buying the car from them. So I certainly support my local economy. I am just saying that, just because I may choose to do something DIY does not mean I hate my fellow man and am unamerican. It just means that I am interested in cars, and like to learn things.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
Bob_VT

Quote:
Dear Bob Sir: I am happy that you are happy with Toyota doing your service. I commend you for supporting them. I myself buy my parts from them, and have paid them lots of money for certain services, including buying the car from them. So I certainly support my local economy. I am just saying that, just because I may choose to do something DIY does not mean I hate my fellow man and am unamerican. It just means that I am interested in cars, and like to learn things.
Simple answer.......... Lincoln Tech Automotive Technology Course..... GO TO SCHOOL!

Closed Thread