Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #19
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy
if you're around a little later in the evening the price will be even better... the past couple nights it's been around 84 cents....

So ive been hearing. Even up here, they'll drop teh price at night like 3-6 cents. and have it raised before the next morning.

thanks for mentioning the tip. it really does pay off to fill up like that if u can. ^5
Old 08-25-2006, 12:28 AM   #20
strider86x

Drives: Yaris Sedan
well i came home earlier today from my trip to corpus christi, texas, drove from san antonio, highway wise it did it's part(even got to drive up to 100mph when i passed big rigs), handled pretty good and i love the fact i required no gas stops even after i got lost trying to figure out where a friend lives. it was only after the 2nd day i refueled using 89 oct. costed me about 20 dollars. we also visited the lady lex and the texas state aqua. and drove back to S.A. i still have a little more than a half tank.(also if it matters ac was on through out the whole time driving) my only peeve of our yaris is that seagull poop and the pacific blue color of our car does not match...<grumbles about seagulls need to get potty trained>
strider86x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:57 AM   #21
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
So ive been hearing. Even up here, they'll drop teh price at night like 3-6 cents. and have it raised before the next morning.

thanks for mentioning the tip. it really does pay off to fill up like that if u can. ^5
i miss being stingy like that about gas! buying by the litre, 2 or 3 cents is a great incentive to keep looking for the best price you can find! (i'm from toronto originally). now that i live in the US, its just not worth my time to search for 2-3 cents less when you only buy 6 or 8 gallons...its only worth it when they hike it 0.20 cents (usually wednesdays, followed by a drop on thursday)...and they say its not rigged and prices aren't set...Bulls*it!
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:10 AM   #22
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:

I think you meant to say:

"it really does pay off to fucking fill up like that if u can."
Old 08-25-2006, 08:31 AM   #23
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by argylesocks
I think you meant to say:

"it really does pay off to fucking fill up like that if u can."
Are you being emphatic and adding intensity to the statement I made,

or are u making a joke at how i often will swear on the board?

Jem
Old 08-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #24
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Quote:
Are you being emphatic and adding intensity to the statement I made,

or are u making a joke at how i often will swear on the board?

Jem
i just dont think i have ever read one of your posts that didnt have a "fuck" squeezed in there at some point :)
Old 08-25-2006, 10:25 AM   #25
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Wow! That's what I call a HUGE difference of vehicule! The SRT-4 is a real BEAST, no matter how gas it take, it's one of the most pleasant car to drive. My friend own a SRT-4 with STAGE-III (355 wHP) and that's unbelivable how it's powerfull.

I think you'll not enjoy Yaris at all, it's one of the less powerfull car on the actual market. Trust-me, I own a 2k2 Echo (same engine as Yaris) and it's a real paint in the ass, I can't affort changing my 2k3 Cavalier (2.2 Ecotec) for a Yaris never. My Cavalier act as a real RACE CAR if compared to the Echo/Yaris! BTW, my girlfriend appreciate the Echo and maybe we will trade the Echo for a Yaris.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:48 AM   #26
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Quote:
i just dont think i have ever read one of your posts that didnt have a "fuck" squeezed in there at some point :)
Ironically, most my posts dont, been trying ot use the word "freaking" instead of "fucking" or "hell" instead of "fuck" in most cases, since this board seems overly sensitive to swearing.

You should see my posts on another forum wear swearing isnt any issue. I try to holdback here when posting, but i find swearing adds the emphasis i want to incorporate into my in points/comments.

(hehe, its not for everyone and not everyone will agree on its appropriateness)

Jem
Old 08-25-2006, 12:05 PM   #27
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Quote:
but i find swearing adds the emphasis i want to incorporate into my in points/comments.
I fuckin hear ya, dude.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #28
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ
Wow! That's what I call a HUGE difference of vehicule! The SRT-4 is a real BEAST, no matter how gas it take, it's one of the most pleasant car to drive. My friend own a SRT-4 with STAGE-III (355 wHP) and that's unbelivable how it's powerfull.

I think you'll not enjoy Yaris at all, it's one of the less powerfull car on the actual market. Trust-me, I own a 2k2 Echo (same engine as Yaris) and it's a real paint in the ass, I can't affort changing my 2k3 Cavalier (2.2 Ecotec) for a Yaris never. My Cavalier act as a real RACE CAR if compared to the Echo/Yaris! BTW, my girlfriend appreciate the Echo and maybe we will trade the Echo for a Yaris.
i could see why you would be unhappy with "paint in the ass" but i havent had a problem with loosing close to 130hp by switching to the yaris.

its all in your goals:
if you wanna have a fast car, then look elsewhere. if you want a fuel effiecent, cheap car, then you cant beat the yaris (except off the line).
Old 08-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #29
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Quote:
i could see why you would be unhappy with "paint in the ass" but i havent had a problem with loosing close to 130hp by switching to the yaris.

its all in your goals:
if you wanna have a fast car, then look elsewhere. if you want a fuel effiecent, cheap car, then you cant beat the yaris (except off the line).
Sorry for the typing error. BTW, actually, there's many other fuel economics cars on the market who are more fun to drive than an Yaris/Echo. Just take my Cavalier, last week I drove 600 KM with 45L of regular unleaded. My girlfriend also drove 600 KM with 41L on the Echo. This only make a difference of 4 liters for 600 KM, but these two car are not giving same performance at all.

Performance is my only complain about the Yaris/Echo, they are real nice car, very reliable, pretty cheap (not the cheapest car in the category), they are well constructed. But they give very very poor performance while many other car give better performance for a very small fuel milleage difference. I mean, the Yaris is probably getting the best fuel economy in the category, that's true, but many other car will be a lot more performant and only take 0.7L to 1.0L/100 KM more, that's is an almost invisible difference in your budget.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #30
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ
Sorry for the typing error. BTW, actually, there's many other fuel economics cars on the market who are more fun to drive than an Yaris/Echo. Just take my Cavalier, last week I drove 600 KM with 45L of regular unleaded. My girlfriend also drove 600 KM with 41L on the Echo. This only make a difference of 4 liters for 600 KM, but these two car are not giving same performance at all.

Performance is my only complain about the Yaris/Echo, they are real nice car, very reliable, pretty cheap (not the cheapest car in the category), they are well constructed. But they give very very poor performance while many other car give better performance for a very small fuel milleage difference. I mean, the Yaris is probably getting the best fuel economy in the category, that's true, but many other car will be a lot more performant and only take 0.7L to 1.0L/100 KM more, that's is an almost invisible difference in your budget.
to be fair you're giving highway driving comparisons. The 'performance' difference you are giving the cavalier probably makes it a much less efficient car in traffic - the yaris might lose 15% economy while the cavalier may change 30% or something (of course i'm just pulling numbers out of my ass) - but thats what i see with most GMs - highway MPG rating in the mid 30s, but city will drop to the mid 20s.
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote