Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2010, 05:25 AM   #37
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
Bearings and springs are not the stock ones. Springs are heavier duty.... As far as the 10k, yes, it MIGHT withstand it, but not for long. It obviously wouldn't be reliable. If you want 10k consistent, he can build you a motor for that. His price is right around $3500.
Re: Springs, If he said they aren't stock so why on Gude Describtion say:

"7. Valve springs all Gude performance camshafts are designed to operate to extreme rpm on stock valve springs, we spent countless hours designing and developing profile which WILL NOT require a high pressure valve spring which can cause added friction and valve stem failure due to the high loading of stiffer springs vale stem failure will usually cause major engine damage.."

Re: 10Krpm ... I am thinking to build more my motor but I never thought of reving it near 10K neither
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #38
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
Re: Springs, If he said they aren't stock so why on Gude Describtion say:

"7. Valve springs all Gude performance camshafts are designed to operate to extreme rpm on stock valve springs, we spent countless hours designing and developing profile which WILL NOT require a high pressure valve spring which can cause added friction and valve stem failure due to the high loading of stiffer springs vale stem failure will usually cause major engine damage.."

Re: 10Krpm ... I am thinking to build more my motor but I never thought of reving it near 10K neither
Re: Springs...it's a generic package description. Most of his applications he is able to make his cams work with stock springs. He said though that on the 1NZ, the reliability just wasn't there, so they have to be upgraded, but they come with the cam when you purchase it. I don't know what all the fuss is about, his price is right in line with the $700 you guys are talking about spending on those other cams in the performance forum. As of right now, I am planning on just throwing the whole package on there and dyno-ing...if the goods get here and it's relatively easy, I might pull cams out and put them in my factory head and dyno for you guys. Also depends on cost of dyno.

As far as your build, 10k is not unheard of. It's been a while but, if i remember right, the key is a short piston with a long rod/throw. I wouldn't try and boost a 10k motor though, that's more of a N/A endeavor.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #39
hondakiller99

Drives: 05 Scion xA
Quote:
I wouldn't try and boost a 10k motor though, that's more of a N/A endeavor.
a thing that has been crossing my mind so many times before..... any one ever made a high compression all motor 1nz?
hondakiller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #40
Parmas

I will be waiting for your dyno to see the progress... until then we sit tight
Old 04-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #41
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondakiller99 View Post
a thing that has been crossing my mind so many times before..... any one ever made a high compression all motor 1nz?
I have heard rumors of a prius piston swap, which of course bumps compression, but haven't seen any dyno sheets to correspond. After my head comes in, I'm gonna take the prius motor and see how far I can push it N/A, so I'll have more info to come.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #42
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
I will be waiting for your dyno to see the progress... until then we sit tight

anybody wanna sponsor the dyno time?

Old 04-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #43
hondakiller99

Drives: 05 Scion xA
Quote:
I have heard rumors of a prius piston swap, which of course bumps compression, but haven't seen any dyno sheets to correspond. After my head comes in, I'm gonna take the prius motor and see how far I can push it N/A, so I'll have more info to come.
sweet!! def wanna know what the diff is cuz im toying around with a few ideas at the moment, you by chance havent heard how far these blocks can be bored have you?
hondakiller99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #44
H3LlIoN

Garm is 1.6, he could probably tell you off hand how far it can go but, if not, I will ask my block guy when I drop mine off.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #45
Maitre_Te_Te

Drives: Yaris 08
I have a second head in my shop for the inz. I'm very interested on this thread. This setup with a blitz supercharge, it will be very great!!!
Maitre_Te_Te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #46
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
you by chance havent heard how far these blocks can be bored have you?
we bored and sleeved to just about 1.6L, as far as my motor builder was concerned, that's all she has to give.

I want to do a 1.8L and bore it to 2.0, that's a much thicker block than ours and will tolerate the mod better.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #47
H3LlIoN

which 1.8 are you looking at?

Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #48
H3LlIoN

Parmas -

Alright...Cams only core charge is $250. To be honest, that's a bit ridiculous to me but, if you decided you absolutely wanted to have a set of gude cams, I would carry my ass out to the junkyard and get a set of cores for you and ship them to him, provided you pay for shipping and part. Guarantee you it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than $250, but I reckon he is charging for his time to go get them too. Anyway, he estimates shipping to Malta in the $80 to $100 range, cams/springs he says weigh right around 14 pounds. If you have a postal code/zip (I have no idea how european addresses work) I will get you a more exact estimate.

Now...as a side note, I emailed him and asked:

"You have it mentioned that the yaris head package that I ordered can add up to 30% gain in horsepower. What can I do, besides the head package that you are sending me, to maximize this gain?"

And he responded:
"Headers and 2-1/2 exhaust will help"

Just food for thought...I'm still planning on doing dyno without exhaust for you guys. I might even slap stock intake back on there for you.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #49
H3LlIoN

Oh and I just emailed this...

"Bill -

Another question from the forum guys...What kind of hp gain can be expected by just doing the Gude cams, without the tb and head?"

It'll be tomorrow before he answers, but I'll let you know what he says.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #50
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Quote:
which 1.8 are you looking at?
probably the one from the scion xd.that swap should be easy.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #51
Parmas

Quote:
Parmas -

Alright...Cams only core charge is $250. To be honest, that's a bit ridiculous to me but, if you decided you absolutely wanted to have a set of gude cams, I would carry my ass out to the junkyard and get a set of cores for you and ship them to him, provided you pay for shipping and part. Guarantee you it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than $250, but I reckon he is charging for his time to go get them too. Anyway, he estimates shipping to Malta in the $80 to $100 range, cams/springs he says weigh right around 14 pounds. If you have a postal code/zip (I have no idea how european addresses work) I will get you a more exact estimate.
Thanks for the update... so shipping charge is known now.

So if I send him cams the work total + springs + bearings would be $700 + $100 shipping right?

BTW postal code is ZTN04 (Area Code +356)
Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #52
H3LlIoN

No, if you sent him cams, total would be $750 + shipping, which he ballparked around $100. Will send him postal code for actual shipping quote.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #53
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Oh and I just emailed this...

"Bill -

Another question from the forum guys...What kind of hp gain can be expected by just doing the Gude cams, without the tb and head?"

It'll be tomorrow before he answers, but I'll let you know what he says.
Bill emailed back and said to expect about a 15hp gain from cam kit alone.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #54
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
Any idea where abouts in the rev range the cams are designed to produce power?
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote