Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
sd_007

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Help! Keyless entry on a 2007 liftback?!

Hey everybody. I just got my Yaris yesterday! It's a black, automatic 2007 liftback with the convenience package. I love my new car, but I really wanted the power package. My question is about upgrading to the keyless entry... I saw the guide that was put up, but will that work on my Yaris that only has manual locks/windows? What are my options for adding keyless entry? Please help! Oh, and awesome site by the way... keep up the good work fellas...
sd_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
You can add keyless to a Yaris with factory power locks. But the keyless will be aftermarket only.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
You have to add power locks in order to get the keyless entry. My 07 Sedan had manual locks so I installed the power lock kit from A1 and it came with the keyless entry system.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
sd_007

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Oh. Crap. How hard are the power locks to install? Do the door panels line up the same after the installation? (Sorry if these questions seem asinine, I'm just mechanically inept for the most part...)
sd_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
Goose
Car Geek

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Nothing wrong with asking questions. Better to ask than just start tearing into your car!

In answer to your question, yes - the door panels will "line up" after the power lock mechanisms are installed. As you mentioned that you're not that comfortable doing an install, I'd suggest that you check the reputable car stereo/alarm installers in your area. You may want to ask your local Toyota dealer who they use for aftermarket installs; using the dealer's recommended installer could save you any warranty hassles (not that you should have any).

Although a bit more expensive, a professional install should get you reliable keyless entry.

'07 Blazing Blue 5-speed liftback (sold)
'08 Black auto liftback (sold)
'09 Carmine Red auto 4-door liftback (sold)
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote