Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
AND189
Banned

Drives: 2
Unhappy LED's installed car wont start radio displays help

hey guys recently i wet to the local cheap market to grab some blue led lights for my car (inside) i installed them no problems all lights that i could just pull out were replaced with blue leds any way about twice a day after installing them i would go to start my car but nothing no lights i couldnt even unlock the car i needed the key i would try and try and all of a sudden it word turn on and go... so i check the battery and its 100% it has been raining all week so i thought it may be that... anyway i thought it might be the led also so i put the normal lights back in no problems ... but every time the car went ded the clock and radio were reset so i have had to wnter the pin only problem is that the radio screen now displays help ??? what do i do dose anybody know how to fix it ???
AND189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Some Toyota radios have anti-theft protection. Your radio must be one of the ones that does. You need the security code for the radio to get it out of that mode. If you don't have the code, you should be able to get it from your Toyota dealer (they can look it up by the VIN).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
AND189
Banned

ok thanks mate
Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Thats weird, i would never assume that just LED's would do that, even when the battery is still juiced up. But Anti-theft protection shouldn't mean the car won't start, just that the radio won't work if stolen, but there are still ways around that with getting a code from the dealer so its an outdated tech.

It sounds like you have another problem at hand with your electrical system.

If it persists or gets worse i would suggests replacing LEDs with normal bulbs. and if its still there then you have a bigger issue. :-/
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
^true

I would check for a blown fuse. That may be the not starting part of the issue. The fact that you can't unlock the car, except with the key points to no power to the door control receiver module.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
^true

I would check for a blown fuse. That may be the not starting part of the issue. The fact that you can't unlock the car, except with the key points to no power to the door control receiver module.
+1

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
AND189
Banned

ok guys thanks for the tips but if a fuse was blown how dose the car just start after a wile ?? the problem started after the led install and i did change the lights back and no problems so i guess it did have something to do with it thanks for the help as for the radio i took the car into toyota today and told them only what the needed to know ha ha the womens old man is a fleet manager at told to to not tell them about the led part or they would charge me.. so they fixed it for free it would of cost $50 to de cript it or something ... any ways the car is working the radio is working but i dont exactly know why the led's mad the car do this has anyone had this problem... saying that i did have crappy leds