Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
Turnby

Drives: 2014 Yaris Icon VVT-I
Passenger Door Won't Open

I have a 2006 T Spirit where the offside rear passenger door will not open.

The locking latch is stuck in the ‘locked’ position and will spring into back if I put it into the unlocked position. Holding it in the unlocked position and using the inside and/or outside handle will no open the door. When locking all door either from the fob or drivers interior switch I can hear all the doors actuators but this one the latch only twitches.

When starting the car the locks all make s sound as if trying to lock/unlock which didn't happen before.

So how can I remove the door panel with the door closed? I have removed the only two screws I can see (behind interior handle and armrest on the door panel)

Turnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #2
wifesyarisismyproblem
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2006
bumping this very old post before I make a new one... I have this exact problem. Any tips for getting the panel off a closed door, or a way to get the door open? I'm sure the actuator is dead and would be up for replacing if I could just get the door open... Trying to avoid damaging any of these 15 year old brittle plastic pieces if I can...
wifesyarisismyproblem is offline   Reply With Quote