Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
YARIS MEET DAYTON OHIO AUGUST 22ND

We started this thread in the Great Lakes Board and now we're moving it out here, anyone is welcome to join us.

We are meeting on the 22nd day of the month of August in Dayton Ohio. The current plan is to meet up at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum at approxiamtely 10:00am to 10:30am. We are going on a tour of the museum and afterwards crusing over to Sbarros pizza that is about 12 miles away. Afterwards we're going to look for a parking lot at Wright State University to have a quick photoshoot. We will probably be done around 3:00pm If anyone has any questions just pm me. More people are welcome to join us.

Members Confirmed:
1.Greenthunder
2.CtrlAltDefeat
3.CtrlAltDefeat's friend
4.kac
5.Toad
6.Qmobile
7.N2scouting
8.ellenbetty
9.JumpmanYaris
10.detroiter (maybe)
11. DandiDani
12.2009BBPliftback

Last edited by Greenthunder; 08-20-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
hmm... dayton isn't that far of a drive. I might have to go

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I want to go but I'm trying to take it easy on my car... I don't think I'm going to make it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
N2scouting

Drives: 2009 3DHB manual Black
Sounds like a good time. I will be their. FYI, the National Museum of the United States Air Force is the largest aviation museum on the planet. Admission is free and its open everyday except major holidays. Exhibits include every aircraft the airforce has ever used from the Wright "B" flyer to the B-2 Stealth Bomber. We are scheduled to recieve one of the space shuttles after the fleet is retired in 2010. There is a huge gift shop, IMAX theater, and cafeteria (pricey food). If you are a super aviation fanatic, you can research aircraft in the library upstairs by appointment. I have used this service for a scale model aircraft I built. Don't forget to visit the presidential aircraft annex. Several presidential aircraft are on display as well as a walk through tour of the plane that brought JFK's body home from Dallas.
N2scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:49 AM   #5
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2scouting View Post
Sounds like a good time. I will be their. FYI, the National Museum of the United States Air Force is the largest aviation museum on the planet. Admission is free and its open everyday except major holidays. Exhibits include every aircraft the airforce has ever used from the Wright "B" flyer to the B-2 Stealth Bomber. We are scheduled to recieve one of the space shuttles after the fleet is retired in 2010. There is a huge gift shop, IMAX theater, and cafeteria (pricey food). If you are a super aviation fanatic, you can research aircraft in the library upstairs by appointment. I have used this service for a scale model aircraft I built. Don't forget to visit the presidential aircraft annex. Several presidential aircraft are on display as well as a walk through tour of the plane that brought JFK's body home from Dallas.
wow.. pretty cool...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I want to go but I'm trying to take it easy on my car... I don't think I'm going to make it.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
Greenthunder

List has been updated!

Chino, you should come on down
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
come on Chino you know you wanna

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
hmmm, likely too far for me

unless we go to my sister-in-laws in rochester hills, mi friday night that weekend, i wouldnt be able to make this meet-up

ill keep it in mind though
Old 08-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I might just be going since I been wanting to go to the AFA museum
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
Qmobile

^^ plus you get to chill out with your fellow yarii fans/drivers

Old 08-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #12
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
have to see if this is a good notice ahead of time
Old 08-06-2009, 03:36 AM   #13
Greenthunder

Jumpman I'll add you to the list

thebarber, if you do plan to come on down let me know and I'll add you to the list
Old 08-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
Qmobile

seems we have the potential of having a good sized meet, not that that's a bad thing of course

Old 08-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #15
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Depending on my work, which I think I'll probably have the day off, I might come on out. I forget how far it is from me since it's been years of going to Dayton/Wright Patterson. I want to say it's some 4-4 1/2 hour drive. How long is the meet expected to last for?
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #16
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

I would say from 10am till 3pm maybe a lil later i think:

YARIS MEET DAYTON OHIO AUGUST 22ND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We started this thread in the Great Lakes Board and now we're moving it out here, anyone is welcome to join us.

We are meeting on the 22nd day of the month of August in Dayton Ohio. The current plan is to meet up at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum at approxiamtely 10:00am to 10:30am. We are going on a tour of the museum and afterwards crusing over to Sbarros pizza that is about 12 miles away. Afterwards we're going to look for a parking lot at Wright State University to have a quick photoshoot. We will probably be done around 3:00pm If anyone has any questions just pm me. More people are welcome to join us.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #17
90tsi

Drives: 09 yaris
i used to live at wright patterson when i was a kid. damn wish i could go to this one. the airforce museum is outstanding i loved going there. largest indoor museum in the country.
90tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 AM   #18
Greenthunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
Depending on my work, which I think I'll probably have the day off, I might come on out. I forget how far it is from me since it's been years of going to Dayton/Wright Patterson. I want to say it's some 4-4 1/2 hour drive. How long is the meet expected to last for?
I'll add you as a maybe