Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
USblueberry

Drives: Yaris 2007
Modification of a Yaris 2007 to meet European Standards

I am in a desperate situation here!!! I shipped my Yaris to Italy and in order to circulate it they ask me to modify it in order to meet European standards. This car has been circulating in Europe for more than 10 years before coming to the US so my question is: "How different can it be??????" At the dealership they could not specify what needs to be done before seen it which means that I have no idea how much is going to cost me. So I do not know if I should leave it at the port or it is worth to pay the VAT and the modifications.
Did anyone have a similar experience or any idea of what needs to be modified?
USblueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
This is odd because America has the most stringent standards that have to be met. Manufacturers routinely need to modify European and especially Asian spec cars to meet US federal standards, most of which are related to safety.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote