Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #73
DED1982

Drives: 2008 Absolutely Red 2 Dr Hatch
Send a message via Yahoo to DED1982
LOL! I saw these at a dealer here in Warner Robins, Georgia. The dealer has a row of at last ten of these at the very front of the lot, its crazy! Nobody has bought any yet. Been there for at least 6 months now. I saw them one day and it looked like a little fleet of blacked out Yarii... I thought the red stripe was interesting though. I had no idea this was a southeast thing. Maybe crap like this is why I still haven't seen a 2009 S model LB yet.
DED1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:33 AM   #74
IownOnyx102
I've made a post!

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Onyx
I've been readingpeoples post and i just wanted to throw in my tw cents. I bought the Onyx around teh end of may in Warne Robins GA. I got number 102. I can see teh point of it being a basic car that is no good to some. but for a person without a lot of money like myself,t is much more appealing than aother camry or yaris onthe roa. There is only 200, and not all are old. ive been all over GA since buying it and ive only seen one other in Warner Robins, and one in statesboro. It sticks out becuase it isnt liek very ther car. It is the most basic ode of yaris in black, with 3 thousand dollars worth of crap on it. I bought mine fo $16,500. I brought down the actual price to 13,800 and it only went up to my final price because of taxes and such, but thats expected on any car. I paid that for the custom rims, special tires, tint jb, lighted door sills, custom stereo system, euro spoiler, gas mileage, and to be singled out in a world where every other car you pass, you just. It i sa great car and worth the money if you truely love it like me.
IownOnyx102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #75
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
nice nice
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #76
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
yep, i saw this as well. It's purely cosmetic.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #77
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by IownOnyx102 View Post
It i sa great car and worth the money if you truely love it like me.
I agree. It's a unique Yaris and looks good imo. There are bad, overdone Yarii out there: '09 Sema, Darth Maul Yaris, etc etc. The onyx is not one of them.

Rock it with pride imo!
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #78
schragen
Onyx Edition

Drives: Yaris 3DR Onyx Edition
PROUD ONYX OWNER

I own a 2009 Toyota Yaris Onyx Edition and it is by far the best yaris made to date, im just starting to mod it further myself because there are a few things the Onyx lacks i.e. pwr doors and windows, security system...and a few other small detials, its a great drive and the sport tuned suspension responds well with the stock ride height and the curb weight of the car, i currently have 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P1 Punches occupying my trunk, thanks to the aftermarket JVS head-deck (stock) and ipod adapter (also stock) the door sills light up Blue and say "Onyx", just bought a Phillips H4/9300 8000k HID Bi-Xenon conversion kit so i should have it installed by next weekend (hopefully) will post pics of the yaris, check out my FB if you want to see some pics of the Onyx handling the colorado winters
schragen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edition, north carolina, onyx, special