Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
flip_yaris

Drives: white toyota yaris
best HID kit or bulb?

hey guys need help on which is the best hid kit or bulb for my yaris liftback? and any suggestion on which is the best fog lights coz i bought a pair at pepboys and it doesnt look nice though so hit me up with any suggestion please
flip_yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_yaris View Post
hey guys need help on which is the best hid kit or bulb for my yaris liftback? and any suggestion on which is the best fog lights coz i bought a pair at pepboys and it doesnt look nice though so hit me up with any suggestion please
PIAA is the best of all brands
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
You need to contact a member named Violin. Hes the Yaris lighting guy.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #4
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
The eBay fogs are the easiest to mount. Our bumpers are such that it would take quite a bit of work to mount the typical aftermarket fog.

There is no best HID 'kit'. Go with a full retrofit with projectors if you want HIDs. Study up at http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:49 AM   #5
Violin

I like to see someone try the new Osram 'Hyper' overwattage H4 bulbs: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/H4.asp#HYPER

The guy I spoke to at Susquehanna Motorsports had great things to say about them.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
PIAA is the best of all brands
Well.. that might've been the case 10 years ago.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2 View Post
Well.. that might've been the case 10 years ago.
why is that? i think PIAA is the best then is the Hella, i dont like any other brands, because they all look cheap to me
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
why is that? i think PIAA is the best then is the Hella, i dont like any other brands, because they all look cheap to me
PIAA's quality has deteriorated over the years. The price point they have set for themselves can no longer be justified considering similar offerings from companies such as Philips and Osram perform better, and are affordable.

PIAA still makes good bulbs, but not like they used to..
Old 01-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #9
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2 View Post
PIAA's quality has deteriorated over the years. The price point they have set for themselves can no longer be justified considering similar offerings from companies such as Philips and Osram perform better, and are affordable.

PIAA still makes good bulbs, but not like they used to..
i have the PIAA Superplasma GT-X bulbs on my head lamp in my Yaris right now, before i got that ,i tried many American brands of bulb, specially the SliverStar thing, it sucked balls, doesnt even look white, it LOOK YELLLOW like oem and coast me $39 w tax, it it a rip off, then i got the PIAA one for lil more cost, BUT they give me the color of the light i wanted and look just like HID, all my friend are very impress with how my head light looks, PIAA cost more than any other brands BUT, they provide the awsome qulity of light soure i have seen, thats why i say PIAA is top of the brands

Old 01-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Violin

I have those PIAA Superplasma GT-X bulbs too. While they look really great color-wise, they aren't any brighter than stock. I thought they were at first, but the color does fool the eye. I've switched back and forth between them and the stock bulbs to be sure. I don't know how long they last - mine are about 6 months old.

After much research, I ordered the Osram Silverstar from England for my daughter's Lexus. They aren't coated like the Sylvania version sold in the US. The light is pure white and they are a little brighter. They're comparatively cheap too - under $25 shipped from http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ - be sure to use the 10% coupon code - ZXRCX111.

While I was just there, I saw that they are pimping the Philips X-Treme Power H4's. I wonder if they're as good as the hype.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #11
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
i have the PIAA Superplasma GT-X bulbs on my head lamp in my Yaris right now, before i got that ,i tried many American brands of bulb, specially the SliverStar thing, it sucked balls, doesnt even look white, it LOOK YELLLOW like oem and coast me $39 w tax, it it a rip off, then i got the PIAA one for lil more cost, BUT they give me the color of the light i wanted and look just like HID, all my friend are very impress with how my head light looks, PIAA cost more than any other brands BUT, they provide the awsome qulity of light soure i have seen, thats why i say PIAA is top of the brands
Sylvania Silverstars are crappy bulbs; light output is less than stock and they are not very bright.

If you are going for the HID look, Philips Blue Vision is my suggestion. They cost less than half of PIAA GT-X bulbs, but perform better. These are German made bulbs and are very good. The light output is less than that of stock because of the blue coating, but they are brighter than stock.

PIAA makes great bulbs, I just don't like them anymore
Old 01-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #12
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
While I was just there, I saw that they are pimping the Philips X-Treme Power H4's. I wonder if they're as good as the hype.
The Philips X-Treme Power are very good bulbs; light output is not diminished and they are very bright.

But that won't really matter as you are Mr. HID now.

Last edited by bigsky2; 01-11-2007 at 06:24 PM.
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #13
flip_yaris

well ok so anything you guys can suggest that look good on a white liftback yaris?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #14
flip_yaris

oww yeah and suggestion for a fog light and where can i get one other that ebay?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:10 AM   #15
Violin

Just get the eBay fogs.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
YANGSTER

Drives: SILVER YARIS 2007 5DR
Ordered my OSRAM from powerbulbs on Sunday....got it in mail this Thursday.(4 Days....3 actually). Bravo PowerBulbs and the Royal Mail.
Popped them in @ the dealer, the difference is obvious at night. Especially if you compare with normal ones when u're waiting for the redlight. Thx a bunch Violin for the coupon. 100% recommended for everyone!
YANGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
flip_yaris

hey bro where can i get those bulbs at? any site that you can point me at coz im just gonna get those ones first then ill get my hid later. im kinda low on the $ right now.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #18
flip_yaris

im the the philips xtreme bulbs