Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #11
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Flat-out, Chino is right. If you're racing anywhere raw top speed matters? Go get the top-end manifold. Don't waste yours or Richards or my time signing up here for the mid-range. The mid-range intake is (at best) useful if you're playing around in areas where your speed will vary between 20-55mph constantly so you can avoid downshifting to 1st all the time and your RPM's simply can't be guaranteed to stay high enough to benefit from the top-end intake.

Once again, it has nothing to offer at the top-end compared to the top-end-optimized intake. And again, at best this can be thought of as useful for playing around in overly-tight canyon's or extremely twisty courses in parking lots. My use and situation is far more specific than the general 'more peak performance please!' group that the vast majority can happilly fall under.

Not drag racing.

Not 1/4 miles.

Not stoplight-challenges.

Not actual track days.

If you're looking for any of those? Go grab the top-end version. Yes, I'm honest that my prefered intake may not get made, but I want everyone to be happy with what they get rather than make people unhappy just so I can get my relatively custom-purpose part cheaper. I'm a niche, I'm hoping there's enough to justify a production-run for the niche I'm in, but I'm okay if it turns out there's not enough to justify it.