Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
'LilRedYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to 'LilRedYaris
While walking out to my car @ school today...

I saw another Yaris! There aren't many Yarii on campus where I go to school. I've seen and parked near this one before but, I've also seen one other flint mica 3 dr. on campus - that's it.

I found it interesting today since this person obviously seeked out my Yaris and parked near it. How do I know this? I usually tend to park far from other cars and don't mind being far from the buildings. This particular area is being avoided right now & is quite sparse due to construction (i.e. fresh asphalt for new parking spots). I only wish I had a YarisWorld sticker to show my Yaris Pride and maybe help influence others to join. Are they easy to obtain / where can I get one?
Attached Images

'LilRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
ChilliwackGuy
WCOAST CANADIAN DRIVER!!!

Drives: 2010 Hatch 5DR - AUTO/AC
That is a VERY GOOD idea to make the effort and park in a somwhat private spot - I used 2 do the same thing during my undergrad at U of Vancouver - and I swear I got way less scratches and dirt on my car than my friends - and yes - where can we get Yaris World Stickers???
ChilliwackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
I got mine (a year ago) from Astroman. But if you search for the thread on the stickers, I think there is now a template which you can take to a local printing/signs store and get it done yourself.
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
You can also go here and make your own bumper stickers for like $4...

http://tinyurl.com/2zazzlebumper
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
At one time, I think I remember someone was making business cards with the YarisWorld logo and web address. Something like that would be easy to put under the wiper or
maybe stick on the door somehow.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

^

That's a good idea.

You can also make business cards at that site, and a bunch of other stuff.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
syntax

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2010 "shadow"
got this link from astro,

Here is the link to the official logo in vector format:
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/yarisworldcom
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #8
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
One night at my college I got out of class and walked to my car under the yellow parking lot lights ... since it was a small town community college I tended to leave my doors unlocked (no car-breakins for over 10 years) i walked up to my car and tried to open the door and .... IT WAS LOCKED !?!?!?! WTF i thought ... did some one come up and lock my car doors??? then I noticed that someone put a PINK LAY (think Hawaii + Barbie ) on my rear-view mirror..... Now i was really effing confused!!!!!! after a lil bit of looking around I realized that this car wasn't my Bayou blue Yaris but that someone with a Meteorite metallic silver one parked right next to mine and in the yellow light of the parking lot they looked the same! I quickly looked around to make sure the owner of this Yaris (or anyone else) wasn't watching me and laughing!:bellyro ll: I had a hearty belly laugh when I finally got in MY car !
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #9
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

^
That's funny.

I've come back to my parking spot and had my car not be there at all.

That's not funny.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
yeah I had that happen too .... but it was my best friend playing a joke on me while I was at work .... (he had the spare set of keys incase of emergency) he moved my car like three parking lots over and had me almost in tears bc it was less than a month after I bought the car!
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #11
'LilRedYaris

Thanks for the links, ideas and stuff everybody. Great story bkndacn!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #12
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
Minnesota sounds exciting... lol

I think if I took pictures and started a thread every time I parked next to a yaris the forum would crash.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 AM   #13
'LilRedYaris

Well, Yarii seem kinda uncommon out here. I do see some 3 door hatches from time to time but the 5 door LB are less common, and the sedans quite rare.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #14
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'LilRedYaris View Post
Thanks for the links, ideas and stuff everybody. Great story bkndacn!
hi RED

if u going to make the sticker, make one the length of the rear door windows, quater glass, or make one to fit under the front side flasher, the car will still look neat this way, the window sticker make red, and the flasher sticker make black to stand out,
Old 07-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Love Red Sedans, Yeah I hear you... I also would like to have yarisworld.com stickers!

derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkndacn View Post
One night at my college I got out of class and walked to my car under the yellow parking lot lights ... since it was a small town community college I tended to leave my doors unlocked (no car-breakins for over 10 years) i walked up to my car and tried to open the door and .... IT WAS LOCKED !?!?!?! WTF i thought ... did some one come up and lock my car doors??? then I noticed that someone put a PINK LAY (think Hawaii + Barbie ) on my rear-view mirror..... Now i was really effing confused!!!!!! after a lil bit of looking around I realized that this car wasn't my Bayou blue Yaris but that someone with a Meteorite metallic silver one parked right next to mine and in the yellow light of the parking lot they looked the same! I quickly looked around to make sure the owner of this Yaris (or anyone else) wasn't watching me and laughing!:bellyro ll: I had a hearty belly laugh when I finally got in MY car !
omg omg do i have a story to tell..... I use to always keep my trunk unlocked, since its annoying to do it manually, I went to the mall and when i came out I saw my blue yaris walked over to it popped open the trunk, it was full of clothes and a gas tank... i was like "wtf... did my brother use my car and not even clean it, what a dick" and i was about to try the front door when i saw that this was definately not my car, due to the owners own styling... i was like....... -walks away slowly-...... my car was 2 lanes over ;D, MANY MANY Yarii owners do not lock their trunks i find... I always lock mine now.

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #17
TwoBearWisconsin

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB/5, 1996 Miata
I have a bad habit of noticing all the other cars I'm parked near to, and not really noticing just where I parked. So one day I go to the mall and park right next to a yellow AMC Gremlin with a black stripe. When is the last time anyone saw a Gremlin?

Come out of the mall a little later, and there's the Gremlin - with an empty parking space on either side of it. Panic - oh no - my car's been stolen!!

Get a little closer and I see my car a little further down the aisle - and still next to the Gremlin. Relief that my car wasn't stolen after all, but two nearly identical yellow Gremlins in one aisle of the mall!?!? Who'd have thought?
TwoBearWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #18
ChilliwackGuy
WCOAST CANADIAN DRIVER!!!

Drives: 2010 Hatch 5DR - AUTO/AC
always a good idea to keep an eye on where you park - as well as the surrounding cars - there are TOO MANY people who pull hit and runs - and other types of crimes
ChilliwackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote