Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-09-2017, 05:15 AM   #37
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
If they're 4 ohms and at least 30w RMS, they'll work. If you buy a component set, you'll just end up paying more for a set of tweeter that you won't be using (although if they're on liquidation, they might be less expensive then the speaker set only).

Look for speakers that can go as low as 50-85Hz, although even a speaker rather to 50hz won't go that low unless it's a real subwoofer.

Kenwood is good, same for JVC, Pioneer, etc, but they also make cheap stuff so beware. I find them expensive for cheap quality sometimes compared to real professional brands, that's all. I have Rockford Fostgate Punch tweeter in my car and they are kick ass. They Punch Pro series speakers are bad ass too, but they're about $70 each, so that's out of your price range.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:37 AM   #38
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Sound-speaker guru needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
If they're 4 ohms and at least 30w RMS, they'll work. If you buy a component set, you'll just end up paying more for a set of tweeter that you won't be using (although if they're on liquidation, they might be less expensive then the speaker set only).

Look for speakers that can go as low as 50-85Hz, although even a speaker rather to 50hz won't go that low unless it's a real subwoofer.

Kenwood is good, same for JVC, Pioneer, etc, but they also make cheap stuff so beware. I find them expensive for cheap quality sometimes compared to real professional brands, that's all. I have Rockford Fostgate Punch tweeter in my car and they are kick ass. They Punch Pro series speakers are bad ass too, but they're about $70 each, so that's out of your price range.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

It's not a problem to buy components and have 2 extra tweeters that I don't need. Maybe someday I will replace the stock tweeters with the others from the component package. I just have to figure out how to remove the a pillar.

I want to buy the best possible, for that amount of money. If components are better then I will go for them. If not I will buy mid bass speakers.

Hmmm it needs so much search to find the best buck for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by miiser; 03-10-2017 at 08:36 AM.
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote