Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Dammit NOT AGAIN!!

Well Friday March 20th I was on my way solo to Portland OR to go see a concert. About 43 miles from my destination into a 5 hour drive while in the left lane with traffic all around me my front left tire blew and the steel belted tread snapped and whipped the front left of the car pretty bad.

My bumper is totalled, the fender is damaged not sure if beyond repair, the door and rocker panel are dented, the back of the headlight was ripped out so I have no blinker or HID headlight on the front left. The tire blew going at least 70mph and I'm thankful to be OK and the car didn't get any more damage. I was able to limp to my concert after a tow where the tow truck driver helped me change the tire and zip tie my front end so I could drive. Stayed the night at my step sisters house then the next day Andy (Thirty-Nine) helped me patch it up better and loaned me a spare winter tire. Upon getting home I disposed of the 4 crap snow tires and put my summer wheels back on but am waiting for two more from discount tire.

The mighty yaris took it's damage but didn't try to throw me into the dividing wall or the other lane so I'm very thankful.

I'm now on the lookout for a new front bumper and would like the Canadian RS bumper as I like the OEM plastic better than the aftermarket. The aftermarket cracked to easy and never fit right. Anyone have any leads? I'm a few hours from B.C.

Attached Images

Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote