Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
thetoyotaman
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Last Best Place
Posts: 21
iDatalink Maestro

Just picked up an 09 Yaris S 4 door sedan. Considering changing the head unit out with a iDatalink Maestro compatible unit and wondering if there is any data available that would be worth buying the Maestro stuff during install. Thanks!
thetoyotaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
thetoyotaman
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Last Best Place
Posts: 21
All my research showed conflicting info on this so I ended up picking up a new head unit with install kit/wiring from sonic electronics. Ordered the backup camera from ebay. Any tips on mounting a universal back up camera?
thetoyotaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoyotaman View Post
All my research showed conflicting info on this so I ended up picking up a new head unit with install kit/wiring from sonic electronics. Ordered the backup camera from ebay. Any tips on mounting a universal back up camera?
Unless it's a license plate one, you may have to drill a hole or two. I know that aliexpress sells manufacturer specific ones that fit in a license place light fixture and the camera is moulded into it for a much more finished look.

For example:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BigB...ceBeautifyAB=0

I wouldn't count on it being ultra high resolution. And, I think I would go for a hardwired one, not the transmitter/receiver type. Though that may require running more wiring. There are many choices. I just used search terms, "2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan Backup Camera".
__________________

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE Swapped
2008 Yaris LE
2011 Kia Sedona LX
06YarisRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:49 AM   #4
thetoyotaman
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Last Best Place
Posts: 21
Thanks. I saw another post you had after I purchased a universal but now I'm thinking this might be a good route. Seeing a lot of different designs too such as:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Car-Re...gAAOSwTM5YxXC2
thetoyotaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:53 AM   #5
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoyotaman View Post
Thanks. I saw another post you had after I purchased a universal but now I'm thinking this might be a good route. Seeing a lot of different designs too such as:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Car-Re...gAAOSwTM5YxXC2
The link you posted to eBay may be for a hatchback model. When I first searched on Aliexpress, I searched for the hatchback camera and they looked like the one in your ebay link. The sedan ones appear to be smaller. I'm not 100% sure though.
__________________

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE Swapped
2008 Yaris LE
2011 Kia Sedona LX
06YarisRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
thetoyotaman
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Last Best Place
Posts: 21
Found the right one and installed it recently. Very nice to pop out the old license plate light and pop this one in. Highly recommended!

Everything is installed now except I havent connected the green parking brake wire. Can't seem to find detailed info on what it does and if it's better to leave disconnected or how to connect it.

In the meantime, installed heated seats. Car's really coming along nicely.
thetoyotaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #7
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoyotaman View Post
Found the right one and installed it recently. Very nice to pop out the old license plate light and pop this one in. Highly recommended!

Everything is installed now except I havent connected the green parking brake wire. Can't seem to find detailed info on what it does and if it's better to leave disconnected or how to connect it.

In the meantime, installed heated seats. Car's really coming along nicely.
Nice! Feel like posting some pics? It would be great to see your mods.

Never heard of a parking brake wire related to the backup cameras. Just the reverse lights to trigger the camera on.
__________________

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE Swapped
2008 Yaris LE
2011 Kia Sedona LX
06YarisRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #8
thetoyotaman
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Last Best Place
Posts: 21
I tried awhile back on the pics and kept getting an error that the file size was too big. Was trying to do it on my iPhone.

The green wire isn't directly related to the backup camera but some other function, I'm guessing a video function of the head unit.
thetoyotaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #9
06YarisRS
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoyotaman View Post
I tried awhile back on the pics and kept getting an error that the file size was too big. Was trying to do it on my iPhone.

The green wire isn't directly related to the backup camera but some other function, I'm guessing a video function of the head unit.
I get the pic thing. I send them from my phone to my computer, resize them, upload them to imgur, then link them to the thread.

Yeah, I bet enables video playback when the car is stationary, aka parking brake is set.
__________________

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE Swapped
2008 Yaris LE
2011 Kia Sedona LX
06YarisRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maestro RR Compatible? Sdelliott In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 2 07-15-2017 11:29 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.