Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
dwilden

Drives: Yaris Hybrid
Exclamation 2013 Yaris Hybrid SatNav map problem

Hi,

My 2013 Yaris Hybrid has a Toyota Touch and Go Satnav system. In the cold weather, the map never finishes loading when the car is started - it just displays a spinning disk symbol, even if the car is driven for an hour or more. However if I turn off the ignition and turn it back on, the map loads after a few seconds. This is fully repeatable, ie same happens every morning from cold.

The car is still in warranty, but the dealer is treating it as a software problem. They told me that they would reinstall the map software, but after having the car for a full day, I discovered that all they had done was reset the radio, which did not fix the fault. I think they are now intending to reload the map software, which means leaving the car with them again for a day.

As the problem is temperature dependent, I suspect the fault is hardware related - possibly a memory chip fault - and no amount of software reloads is going to fix it.

Has anyone else come across this problem, please?

Regards

Dave
dwilden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
If you're bringing it back to the dealer make sure to tell them to leave it outside in the cold and try and get the problem to happen with the service advisor while you're there. Even go as far as make a video of the problem at home in case it doesn't act up at the dealer. Let them know how long the problem has been happening and that it's only temperature dependant.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
dwilden

Drives: Yaris Hybrid
Already done all that!

I took it in a week ago and was able to demonstrate the fault to them at the time. Also I have a video of it happening.

Despite this all they did was the radio reset!

Last night I phoned Toyota UK and they said they contact the dealership and suggest they phone their technical department. It seems they have done that as today I was told that an incident number has now been opened with Toyota and the dealer has asked me to come in while they download data from my car to send to Toyota.

Dave
dwilden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Good. Sounds like the ball is rolling then. The unfortunate thing is sometime it takes longer than it should.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satnav fault, touch&go, yaris hybrid