Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Bilstein B8's

I'm in need of changing my front suspension to something a little stiffer than the KYB's I currently run. The Tokiko Blue's in the rear are great and lead to a fun aount of underster but it is a bit too much so time to stiffen up the front a bit. I also wan't a strut that is specific to lowered springs.

A year ago the KYB's were the only option for a "slightly stifer than oem" since the Blue's were no longer made for the Yaris. However, I recently noticed on ebay that Bilstein makes the B8 and B6 for the Yaris and they are about $155 up front per strut. The B8's are a shorter strut for lowered applications and the B6 is for oem height or a slight drop (<25mm).

I can't find any good reviews online for the B8 and noticed that some members on here were running them. Curious as to how you guys found them as it'd be good to know before I shell out the cash. Much stiffer and more controlled than oem?
Old 02-28-2017, 12:25 AM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
why would you not just purchase adjustable ones?
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:39 AM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I'm assuming you're talking about coil overs? The cost is much higher for even a set of entry level cheap coil overs. I am happy with my ride height with my MI springs and have no need to corner balance or change the ride height often as this isn't a track car.

Coil overs are much more than I need and unless I spend a lot of money they'll be lower performance than a set of high performance struts with good lowering springs. I'm not going to buy coil overs just to say that I have coil overs.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #4
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
Look into the stagg struts.

I had great results on my tercel turbo track day car. I ran them with custom rate Ground Control coilovers and stumbled upon the best riding tercel suspension Ive ever came across. I went thru about 9 or so different set ups and it was the most capable while having better then OEM ride quality (no bluff, dead serious). When I parted out my car I sold them to a friend of mine and everytime I get to ride in his car it still amazes me.

My sedan is also on MI springs and Ive been rocking Blues for the past 75k~ if I do not go coilovers next I plan on getting Staggs as they do pop up once in a while on ebay.

They may be chinese but damn I was blown away for street comfort while still behaving on the track

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote