Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2017, 03:35 AM   #1
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Sound-speaker guru needed

Hey,
Sorry for my many many topics about this thing.
But I am really confused and I can't find the best solution. So here is the thing:

I just bought a pair of jvc cs-620x speakers. These are coaxial and the thing is that now I have 4 tweeters in the front (the stock tweeters in the front that came with the car and the tweeters that my new speakers have) and this is killing the hole depth of the sound cause I don't have bass.
So I thought about buying a pair of PLG6C Pyle component speakers, plug them in the front without its tweeters (just the woofers) and drive in line cables in the rear doors to place jvc coaxials.
Now, Pyles needs 4ohms, 45rms and the jvc needs another 4ohms 30rms.
So if I wire them in line, will it be fine? Or I am going to blow the whole thing ?

The other thing I thought about is to invest in some soundproof sheets and cover the front door with them hoping that it will affect my bass positively.
I am completely stock, no soundproof whatsoever (except this thing that is like a white thin sheet which comes as a soundproof solution with the car) no amp, no aftermarket headunit. I know that many of you will suggest a new headunit but I can afford it right now or in the near feature so I want to stick with what I have right now.

Both of these (the comp speakers or the shounproofing) cost about the same. So which of these too will be better to do?

I don't want to have a top of the line result and I know I can't have it with the stock headunit or without amp. I just want a decent sound, clear (as it is with the new jvcs) and a proper bass (which I don't have right now)

Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
This prob would have been better off in the "In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)" section...

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote